cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know bold stamp open hand globe & eye Italian modern pottery?

I used to know who made this stuff. It is mass-market.  It is a boldly painted black on green lemonade jug with a big black stamp on the base.

Mark is an open hand with the palm taken up with a globe and a tiny eye at the tip of the middle finger, looking like a ring. Around the logo in a circle it reads "Made in Italy Painted in Italy" Heck, I've just tried to make sure what it said, using my magnifying glass. It is blurry but I can make out "HABITAT", the UK homewares retailer.  I've wasted an hour or more on this quest. Takeaway: look with a glass first.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Anyone know bold stamp open hand globe & eye Italian modern pottery?

Pictures would probably help a lot.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Agree. But probably it's their first time asking a question here and they didn't know they were supposed to put a photo along with their question.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

OP solved his own question, it is Habitat.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Great, no unnecessary use of, or loss of pixels then.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@argon38 wrote:
OP solved his own question, it is Habitat.

Ha-ha!...on re-reading I see that now. It was a cautionary tale, not a question....maybe I should have looked with a glass 1st!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

A cautionary tale?   No, not structured as it is.   It's a test.   Pose a question.   See who will read through the entire post before answering.   Cute, I guess.   I passed it.   I resented it, too.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

But think of the innocent pixels that were saved. That's what is important here.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Sorry, Maxine,

I thought it was a moral tale which would amuse people. It did start out as a bona fide query but the "penny dropped" while I was writing it. Duh!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply