cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll call

Hi!

I used to be a frequent user of this forum many years ago. I see that it’s now back, but not with the same level of activity that once was. I miss many of the former regulars here, and sometimes wonder how they are doing. 

I can see that some people are still around from «my» time; agatetyche, koindog, burroaktree... I wonder if smedley started posting around the time I quit. 

Does anyone know if there is a forum where people like gacooke, southernstargems, henri.delger, daveydempsey and others are still active? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Roll call

Most of those IDs are not active on the current coin & paper money chatting

bjord.   Folks arrive and stay for awhile then slip away, perhaps to another

world.  Several of us were on the original Coin Chat board.   Heron started

on the original coin chat board in Jan 1999.  However, some visitors here

do not stay long and then pffffffft they are gone!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hi Sven,

I look in here about once a week but it is as dead as a door mouse and has been for a few years.

It was ruined by a someone who posted here as a male and a female, they are banished for good now but not before he/she reported everyone who disagreed with them.

I think Henri and Cooky post on large social media group.

I'll send you a PM

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Davey! Great to hear from you. 

I remember well the poster you are refering to. I had had enough some time before all fell apart. Thanks for replying, old friend. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@svessien wrote:

Hi!

I wonder if smedley started posting around the time I quit.  

that's a distinct possibility... i posted on here for a short time in the early naughts but spent most of my time on the coin chat until it went the way of collectible US coinage... came back here sometime in the early teens, i think...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The problem is that Ebay has made it almost impossible to even find these discussion boards. I have a link to this board on my desktop, otherwise I would never be able to navigate the maze from the Ebay homepage to find this place. Most Ebayers don't even know it exists. It would be nice if we could get new people in here, but that doesn't directly improve Ebay's bottom line, so it's no concern of theirs. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@agathetyche wrote:

The problem is that Ebay has made it almost impossible to even find these discussion boards. I have a link to this board on my desktop, otherwise I would never be able to navigate the maze from the Ebay homepage to find this place. Most Ebayers don't even know it exists. It would be nice if we could get new people in here, but that doesn't directly improve Ebay's bottom line, so it's no concern of theirs. 

I agree, I have it on my desktop too.

Believe it or not it is easier to Google "ebay coins and paper money forum"

than it is to search through all the eBay stuff.

That being said, this place is pretty useless now.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

About 3 of us are still having fun here on the Coin & Paper Money chat bjord.

Agreed, that is not many but Heron can speak for hisself and say he is still

having fun with coins and reporting interesting 'finds'...!  Super fun!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply