cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with info about MEXICO 2OZ TROY .999 SILVER COIN AZTEC CUAUHTEMOC Dos Onzas

Any of you much smarter Coin Collectors know where I can find information on this coin? Ive looked all over the internet including searching Ebay and unable to find any helpful information?

01 dos onzas.jpg03 dos onzas.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Need Help with info about MEXICO 2OZ TROY .999 SILVER COIN AZTEC CUAUHTEMOC Dos Onzas

it's not a coin, it's a 2 ounce silver round...

its value is equivalent to 2 ounces of silver at whatever the current market price is...

unless there are marks of some kind on the edge, there is nothing more to say...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Need Help with info about MEXICO 2OZ TROY .999 SILVER COIN AZTEC CUAUHTEMOC Dos Onzas

Smedly, thank you for your timely response.  If  I list it I will be sure to call it a Round not a coin, maybe I will hold on to it though!

Greatly Appreciate your response..

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

you're welcome...

the side with the portrait somewhat resembles the reverse of the Mexican 5 peso coin of 1947 & 1948...

mexico_5_pesos_1948

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I just found and listed a 1948 5 peso coin this weekend..  Looks like CUAUHTEMOC is a popular Aztec Emperor!   Maybe I will end my listing of both now and put them together and offer as a pair?

Thanks Again for all your help!

01a 1948 5 pesos.jpg02 1948 5 pesos.jpg

Message 5 of 5
latest reply