cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malaya and british borneo Queen elizabeth II $1000 Dollars banknote Tremendous Rare Piece

Please check it out on the scans below and let me knows of what you think there

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Malaya and british borneo Queen elizabeth II $1000 Dollars banknote Tremendous Rare Piece

Nice looking note.   As for rarity, Heron has no information about that.

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

A similar piece in a Heritage auction brought $1700. 

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

The Queen Elizabeth was one of the most beautiful woman appeared on the banknote but not now anymore

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

@agathetyche wrote:

Disappointed it worth such little thought it worth more than at least five thousand dollars for these

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

The note is SO RARE even Krause doesn't have a photo in their catalog. Post a pix of the broken security thread and lion's head watermark.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

@agathetyche wrote:

just looked at Heritage... i see a PCGS 55 Specimen that sold for 13.8K and a PMG 30 that went unsold with a 43K reserve... i don't see the 1.7K note...

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

My Krause has a pic and says its worth $3k

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

The catalog photo provided shows that the 3000 is for an Unc Specimen.

No pricing provided for an 'issued note'.  

(Note: Most all of the specimen notes Heron has owned and/or still owns have

the word specimen overprinted across the note.  Usually front.  In several

cases, the word 'specimen' was written in a language other than English,

however, the notes were still 'overprinted').

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

For what its worth; Heron found an eBay listing for a 'set' of 1,000 & 10,000

reproductions of the Malaya & N. Borneo 1953 issues.   $39.99 US Dollars.  

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Can you read the serial numbers on the reproductions?

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

The listing shows two varieties of the $10000 note. Raises suspicion though. 

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Yes, on the notes listed as re-pros the serial # is thus:

A

______     00000

In addition there is the word CANCELLED in perforated font.

At a 45 degree angle.  (Similar to the use of word SPECIMEN).            

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

I concur. However, if you purchase this listing, you will garnish $0.40 in eBay Bucks !!!   money_mouth

Message 15 of 27
latest reply