cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Most Everybody, has anyone seen gold coin Henri?

Hello,

It has been a long time since I have been here and I was wondering if perhaps Henri has stopped by to post some of his wisdom regarding ancients and old U.S. gold coins. There was a comment he made before he was harrassed into leaving. Mainly, wanted to thank him for the great insights regarding the 1920-S some 5 years ago. I also miss his history lessons regarding the collection of ancients he donated to Harvard University.

I hope he may return one day and contribute again. Hi Davey, Ted, Jesusrocks, and many others that made this a fun place to learn, laugh and share coins with. Hope all is well with you all....

Richard

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Hi Most Everybody, has anyone seen gold coin Henri?

Nothing / Nada No way to get the archive posts?

Ted: you are a level headed, smart engineer/tech savvy guy; any way you have archives of Henri's ancients posts? Not trying to cause flame wars, just trying to relearn what I have forgotten from Henri Delger. Henri was the finest expert on Ancients, French/U.S. gold coins I have met besides agatha... I would love to have access to those archived tutotials.

Anyone able to help me?

Thank You!

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

21 de Mayo 2018:  Heron has been participating on the Coin & Paper Money chatting board since Jan 1999.   The 'original' board and the 2nd version.   Have not seen any posts from a 'gold coin Henri'.   That does not indicate there were none, it means Heron has not seen any posts from that person.  At least during the past several years.

Regardos.   

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

i don't recall anybody by that description either...

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Hi Richard,

I remember him well he posted here before the other two responders arrived.

He left on his own accord after all the hassle with you know who.

I think he posts somewhere else now well away from him/her.

I spoke to Kim today, another regular poster here who also left on her own accord  after she was conned by you know who.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Thank you for an honest answer el heron, kind human being.

I do know that there are others here that remember when we talked about coins and sometimes, in rare occasions were given posts (series/ lecture level), I will call them tutorials by Mr. Henri Delger. Heck even Gary bought a 20 Franc coin from him and nobody knows nothing.

Hey Davey, my friend did he leave after his Mercedes 560SL was deemed unsuitable by our "napa valley friend from fred's coins and liquor"? I recall there was an argument and perhaps Henri pulled his posts and closed out? Remember sommething like that? If he pulled them and killed them because of the kind people here, not sure really. The reason surely was banal....

Is this place fun? sure seems like it....

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

22 de Mayo 2018:  Thanks for the nice comentario!  That one guy that you refer to is apparently now in Moraga.  Maybe in Moraga.  Heron has not been in Moraga since 2001 so Heron cannot say for sure if that gal is in Moraga.   Yes, tutorials are very helpful.   Heron reads all tutorials on the Coin chatting board whether or not he actually collects any of the items mentioned in the tutorials.  However, anything connected to coin collecting is of interest.   It doesnt 'hurt' to learn something new.

Regardos Muchos.   

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@elheron-grande wrote:

22 de Mayo 2018:  Thanks for the nice comentario!  That one guy that you refer to is apparently now in Moraga.  Maybe in Moraga.  Heron has not been in Moraga since 2001 so Heron cannot say for sure if that gal is in Moraga.   Yes, tutorials are very helpful.   Heron reads all tutorials on the Coin chatting board whether or not he actually collects any of the items mentioned in the tutorials.  However, anything connected to coin collecting is of interest.   It doesnt 'hurt' to learn something new.

Regardos Muchos.   

Moraga Way,  Orinda.

I only see one review and its from the same place he lives.laughing

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

25 de Mayo 2018: Yes, you are correcto mucho!   In Moraga, next door to Orinda, el Heron visited an architectural company on a regular basis.   However, the best coffee shop, in Heron's opinion, was in Orinda.   So, on Heron's travels between Walnut Crick, Moraga, and Oakland/San Francisco, Heron would stop in Orinda and have coffee at Geppetto's Coffee shop.   Actually there were several good coffee shops in Orinda.  No business contacts in Orinda but good coffee stops and free parking!   [The Bay Area has its problemas, but the coffee shops are usually very good!]

Regardos Muchos!    

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Sr. El Heron,

I think you might be talking about Jeffrey, he lives out that way. Henri D. lives in Boston, MA. I was just reaching out to long term members here that may have archived the ancients posts (they are here but remain silent). Perhaps they are lost forever due to policy changes by ebay or something entirely different. I hope everyone is doing well.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

30 de Mayo 2018:  Hola Richardm:  Yes, Heron believes you are corrrrecto mucho re the gal that is located in Orinda.   Boston is a place Heron knows very little.  Only been there oncet and that was one day.   However, Providence is another story.

In the mid 1950s there was a wild nightclub on the outskirts of Providence named 

The Pirate's Den.   Spent a week there one night.  However, that is another story for another time & place.  

Regardos.    

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@richardm9874 wrote:

Nothing / Nada No way to get the archive posts?

Ted: you are a level headed, smart engineer/tech savvy guy; any way you have archives of Henri's ancients posts? Not trying to cause flame wars, just trying to relearn what I have forgotten from Henri Delger. Henri was the finest expert on Ancients, French/U.S. gold coins I have met besides agatha... I would love to have access to those archived tutotials.

Anyone able to help me?

Thank You!

Hola Richard!  Long time no hear, hope you are doing well.

No, sadly there has been no sign of Henri ever since The Troubles.  agathetychee, koindog, and a couple of other old days regulars make an occaisonal post (Hi Davey!), but it's mostly a ghost town around here these days. 

I have no archived material from here, and eBay seems to have purged the site of most older material too... even the old New Coin Scam thread is gone now.  Some of eBay's Boards have an "Archive" version, but if there's one for this Board, I don't know how to find it.  

It appears they've even deleted the Link Thread. 

Sad. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I think I tried to locate Henri not long after the Incident.  I didn't have any luck.  Gary might know, he bought coins from Henri, but I've not heard from Gary in a long time either.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

I traded emails with Henri about two years ago.  He was asking if I was interested in some of the early silver bars he'd accumulated. I think he was funding his daughters education. And buying early colonial ephemera. You may find some of his old pages as certifiedgoldcoins . I used to have bookmarks and saved pages. But I spilled coffee on that computer. I bought more than a few gold coins from Henri. The best I still have.

"climate is what we expect weather is what we get"
M. Twain

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

And yes. Hi guys. I've been away almost 5 years. Many life changes. I'm surprised and pleased to see this place lives on. And especially the folks who still post, who imo, had become the core, when I left.

"climate is what we expect weather is what we get"
M. Twain

Message 15 of 22
latest reply