cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ON CANADIAN PROOF QUARTERS, MAGNETIC

Can anyone tell me what years the RCM minted a PROOF 25 cent coin (frosted device on mirror field) not to be confused with the proof like, that is magnetic? I have a 2016,2018,2019, 2020 and 2021. Did they mint any in 2014, 2015 or 2017 that are magnetic?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: HELP ON CANADIAN PROOF QUARTERS, MAGNETIC

pick up a Charlton or Haxby... all the info you need is in either one...

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I have. At least the Charlton I have, has no information on that. Also, the Coin World catalog does not either. Never heard of Haxby

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

coinsofcanada2022_0_.jpg

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Charlton has the composition of the coins... the composition of the coins tells you which ones are attracted to magnets... basically those are the ones made of iron/iron alloys or 100% nickel...

(probably) no coin catalog is going to have a section that says "these coins are attracted to magnets"...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The Charlton I have does not have that information in it. I just need to know if they were minted in the following years: 2013, 2014, 2015 or 2017. I have found one for 2015, but it has the Canadian flag on the reverse (50th ANNIVERSARY), looking for one with the Caribou design.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

then it must not be a Charlton Standard Catalogue of Canadian Coins, which is what is being referred to as  "Charlton"... every one i've seen has the compositions in it...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

???

2014.JPG

2014fr.JPG

Message 8 of 8
latest reply