cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coinstar

Remember kids, always check the Coinstar machine when exiting the store.

Yesterday's haul, including a silver dime.

I was going to have the washer slabbed, but it appears to be "Improperly Cleaned".....

IMG_20220202_133615949~3.jpg

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Coinstar

Yes.  There were some 'fun days' with bridge toll takers.  In 1997 Heron arrived at the north end of the Golden Gate Bridge and handed toll taker TWO Ike Dollars.   She refused them.   She wanted paper money.

I asked her politely to call the Toll Taker Supervisor.  Took about 8 minutes to find him.  (Autos backing up behind el Heron's S-10 Blazer).

Finally the supervisor arrived and told the Toll Taker to accept them in

payment.  What a day?   (Then Heron drove to the large Law Library in 

S.F. on a trouble shooting 'visit'.   Maint Electrician was waiting for Heron at main entrance.  We went into basement where the 'equpt room' was located.  Then Heron was told that something might be wrong with either the motor, a 20 HP 1800 RPM standard general purpose type operating a ventilation fan.   Heron took a look at the 'starter' and discovered that it was a variable speed electronic unit and 'soft starter' in one unit.   Heron said crank her up!  And the maint man threw the switch and the motor shot hot sparks outta it plus the electronic unit

went bananas.   Result: Heron sells a new 'starter variable speed unit'

and a 20 HP motor.  The 'rest of the story'?  Dunno.  Never found out what happened but most likely the Law Library was reimbursed for

the equipt.  (probably through insurance).  Some endings we never

knew about.  So, Heron had fun at the bridge entrance AND the big

Law Library of San Fran, all in one day.   

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Some days are more memorable than others, and last a lifetime. Some days we can't wait to forget about.

I remember as a youngster people sometimes made snide or derogatory remarks about a $3 bill ( won't go into details). Fast forward 50 years when I discovered obsolete currency.  $3 notes were rather common.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Just curious:  Why do you refer to yourself in the third person? 

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Easy question to answer, so el Heron will answer.  In 1998 when Heron

first started posting on some chatting bjords (International was a favorito)

some folks objected to el Heron using the word 'I'.   So, el Heron switched

to 3rd person.   

Message 19 of 19
latest reply