cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain Type of Album For Standing Liberty Quarters

I am looking for a type of album for SL quarters that had rows of clear sleeves with pockets for each coin. I believe it had a brown cover. Does anybody recognize what I am trying to describe and where I might find one? I am thinking about buying a 1923-s to finish my collection, excepting the 1916, and would like to find this type of album as I think it would be the best way to keep them without getting them all graded and slabbed.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Is this what you're looking for? If so, it's made by Dansco.

Dansco.jpg

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

What I remember had clear sleeves across the whole page with an inner sleeve with pockets for each coin. It also had a paper strip at the bottom where you would fill in the date. There wasn't any place that the coin could touch the material the album was made of and then  possibly get some toning.  With this, it looks like the rims could touch the material (cardboard or ..?) of the page. It might not matter for circulated coins as much, but  I have I have some that are uncirculated. Or, is the material the album made of safe to use?

The quality overall of my collection doesn't justify getting everything graded and slabbed. I have all of them in the regular 2-inch coin holders and I could get a couple of the 20-pocket plastic pages, but I am nostalgic and would like to find something similar to the style of the whitman albums that I grew up with. I guess the 20-pocket pages would be the next best thing.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@gunnejame wrote:

What I remember had clear sleeves across the whole page with an inner sleeve with pockets for each coin. It also had a paper strip at the bottom where you would fill in the date.

that sounds like Unimaster...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply