cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Problems Shipping to India?

Sorry if this one's already been answered.  I tried to use the search function, but it seems to operate differently than before.

I'm trying to mostly ship to countries where I can insure, but have an item with potential bidders in India inquiring (and they are not on Shipsurance's list). I assume that if I send it registered, it could still go missing, and I would be out of luck? 

Has anyone had experience shipping there?  I know some of the experts here prefer not to ship outside U.S., but so far I have had nothing go missing, even including Colombia and Republic of Georgia. 

Thanks.    

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Any Problems Shipping to India?

Channeling Groucho Marx on a four year old thread???

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

David, nice to hear you're still hanging around.

I've had no problems shipping coins to India. Despite the absurdly long and cumbersome addresses that barely fit on postal forms, everything I ship there goes via Registered Mail (at a minimum). Unfortunately the postage and registration cost kills a lot of deals, but I'd rather be safe.

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

Indian postal service is full of corrupt employees. They steal expensive items and none is held responsible. Everyone from top to bottom is involved in the theft. I had posted iphone to friend in India but he didn't receive it. Same happened with another friend. He posted macbook to his brother but it didnt deliver. Thank god both of us had insurance of the posted items

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

@tdziemianowicz wrote:

Sorry if this one's already been answered.  I tried to use the search function, but it seems to operate differently than before.

I'm trying to mostly ship to countries where I can insure, but have an item with potential bidders in India inquiring (and they are not on Shipsurance's list). I assume that if I send it registered, it could still go missing, and I would be out of luck? 

Has anyone had experience shipping there?  I know some of the experts here prefer not to ship outside U.S., but so far I have had nothing go missing, even including Colombia and Republic of Georgia. 

Thanks.    

@tdziemianowicz wrote:

Thanks.    

I'm not getting my item shipped to Lucknow. CAN u help me

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Is it safe to ship and item from US to Kahalgaon BR 813214 India? (not sure what area that is in in India).   This person purchased an ipad from me and has "0" feedback. registered on ebay a few month back, but doesn't appear to have ever purchased prior?   I'm more worried about this item not making it to him/her. Afraid it will get stolen along the way. I've shipped may times over seas but never to India.

Message 35 of 35
latest reply