cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

won ebay item and seller refuses to ship because she did not get as much as she wanted

I won a muffy Vanderbear on ebay and the seller now refuses to ship it because she did not get as much as she thought she would for it. Was a no reserve item. Now she says ebay screwed up and somehow reset the settings and was not her fault. Now I am getting emails saying I am evil. I will contact ebay about the transaction but this seller is crazy. She has sent me at least three emails telling me I am evil and she is now praying for me and I need to find God. PS, I am a Christian. I asked her to stop contacting me. I know I cannot make her send the item. If she had been honest and just said she screwed up I would undertand. Now I feel harassed. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: won ebay item and seller refuses to ship because she did not get as much as she wanted

You can't make her send the item but you have left appropriate feedback. There's nothing more you can do. 

Sellers are responsible for listing their items correctly and have ample opportunity to verify that prices, reserves (if used), descriptions and shipping are accurate. 

Mistakes happen since we're all human but to blame ebay for her mistake, calling you names and not accepting her own error is wrong. She should have sent the item and learned from the experience but if not, she could have at least admitted her mistake.

ETA:

Did she at least refund your full payment?

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Re: won ebay item and seller refuses to ship because she did not get as much as she wanted

@material*me 

Ignore and delete the messages.

Report the seller:

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

Select "The seller has violated one of eBay’s policies"

Then "Seller doesn’t want to complete the sale"

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Did you or did you not open an item not received case with eBay? (Can't tell from your message here.)  eBay cannot force the seller to ship what you bought, but you can take steps to be refunded so that you're not out any money.  

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@material*me wrote:

Now she says ebay screwed up and somehow reset the settings and was not her fault. Now I am getting emails saying I am evil. She has sent me at least three emails telling me I am evil and she is now praying for me 

Re: Ebay seller refuses to complete transaction & engages in praying for buyer ?

What specific evil are you accused of performing as a buyer ?

Question: 

Is it evil if ebay provides this seller 

a defect for refusal to complete the transaction ?

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@material*me 

I speak for all good sellers... so sorry you're going through this. Hope you don't throw out the eBay with the bathwater.

@albertabrightalberta 

ETA:

Did she at least refund your full payment?

It doesn't appear so... (?) take a tick on 'Left for others', then the seller's name. 😮
What did I miss? That 'About' page is certainly no great billboard at all. Has that always been there?

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Hi @material*me 

The seller is over the top because they received negative feedback on their first transaction.  They didn't understand how to set a Reserve on their auction ... and thought the Buy It Now price had set the minimum amount for the auction.  [Seller explains this in their 'About'.  I'm not being clairvoyant.]

The auction ended only yesterday ... so everything you described happened within the past 24 hours.  You can help the matter by deleting and ignoring the seller's messages.  You've already punished them and do no need to exacerbate the situation by continuing to communicate.

I'm very sorry this happened.  You are a very experienced seller, so probably understand what it feels like to have made a terrible mistake while learning.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

You can ignore the harassment.  Have you opened the INR case?   

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

she is probably calling you evil because you left negative feedback and its the only feedback she has. 

might be the first time she has tried to sell online and did it wrong. then got flustered and mad at herself and took it out on you.

if it was me i would feel like i made my point. i would remove the feedback and hope she learned the lesson

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Actually, the seller did know how to set a reserve. She had other auctions at the time with reserves. She also says she sold on ebay from the 80s  till just a few years ago and decided to sell again creating a new account. She knew all to well how to set a reserve. She removed her sales only because she wanted to delete this account now. She told me this in her many emails to me. I know I can not make her send the item. I am just very upset about the really ugly emails she has sent me. She claims ebay screwed up. They did not. She is just making excuses. I would not have been upset if she had sent me an email telling me she screwed up. She knew what she was doing. If she had not called me mean and evil and devil spawn and told me I need to find Jesus I would not have left the negative feedback. 

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

She is not a new seller. In one of the many emails calling me evil she told she she has been selling on ebay for many years. She just created a new account. At the time of the sale she had several items listed with reserves. She knew how to set  reserves. she said she had a reserve set but ebay somehow removed it. I let the negative feedback AFTER she started calling me evil for not wanting to pay more for the item. She was hoping I would offer her the higher price but after I told her I won the item at the price it closed at she became angry and began sending me nasty emails. I suspect she closed her old account because she had other negative feedbacks. She is now angry that ebay will not let her close her account because I paid her and now she either has to have me request to cancel the order or send the item. I dont typically leave neg feedback. She wants to close her account and start a new one now. That is why she removed the other items she had for sale. She had some listed on reserve and some not

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

She told me she can not refund my money. I need to call ebay and cancel the transaction. I hate to cancel because it goes against me. I know I will get a refund though if she does not send the item

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

thank you. 

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Ebay does not allow me to open a not received case till the item is overdue. I will do that though and get a refund that way. Thank you

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

I don't know what evil I am doing. I think she is angry I did not offer to pay her more for the item after I won it. She had other items with a high reserve listed and she claimed to be an experienced seller. She says she sold on ebay in the 80s and up till a few years ago. Now she wants to close her account and start a new one because of the feedback and is angry that ebay will not let her close it till I call and request to cancel the transaction. 

Message 15 of 22
latest reply