cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lousy customer service especially the chat help line.

ive used the chat help line multiple times. no help what so ever. they ask the same question about error messages and ask you to restart, then they pass you to someone else and the same process starts over until they conveniently disconnect. you can try ebay calling you also, but within a minute you get a email from ebay saying your phone number does't work. you can't talk to a ebay customer rep ever.  the help center is a total fraud with "call back" from ebay being nothing more than ebay lying to their customers about the customer being able to talk to a ebay customer rep. now all my efforts to bid, make offers to sellers, clear my watch lists, etc. is being blocked by ebay. they thank me for my 15 years of being on ebay and my 1900 plus buys but they won't help with my issues. ive gone on the internet and it seems i'm not the only one with customer service problems and clearly it looks like ebay doesn't care. what a shame!!! i guess i'm done with ebay

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: lousy customer service especially the chat help line.

Before you give it up altogether, know that qualified C/S Reps can be reached beginning with a message on the eBay facebook page. You'll receive quick emails (two-way communication) from Reps who actually have the knowledge and ability to offer service. I'd offer that you try that. Good luck.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

And you believe everything you read on the internet?

That's  a mistake.

The Help & Contact call center is not eBay employees. They're third party contractors hired by whoever eBay contracted with to run the call center. They read from scripts. 

If you contact eBay through Facebook eBay for Business or twitter.com/askebay you get real help.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I understand and have experienced your frustration as well.  Once you get a human on the line the irritation is amplified as you have to listen to the boiler plate rhetoric they're instructed to spew thanking you for your "whatever"!   Couple that with the language disconnect, (though the try hard) leaves the caller with impression that not only do we not care, but we care so little we're sending your call off to another country!

I don't believe there is lying or spite involved because that would require interest in your issue and a short conversation with these folks lets' you know right away that there is none!  Jeffrey, my only advice would be to always remember that your a Seller in this particular instance and by definition under current policy are wrong no matter how right you are..  Breath Brother, It's Friday. All The Best

The Best Thing To Do Now Is Stay Calm!
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@jeffrey5438,

Have you tried looking up the error message by its number online?  There may be info there that could help you.   If you are using the app and getting the message, have you tried logging in the classic way with your username and password on your device's browser? 

You can even try telling us on these boards which message you get.  We know more than the phone jockeys as many of us are long time buyers and sellers.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

One other resource you might try if you're getting error messages is the Technical Issues forum:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/bd-p/technicalissues-db

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I agree, contacting ebay customer service via phone or chat is less than worthless, you have to try Facebook.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I cannot speak for your issues but,  for me.  Customer service is awesome about 98% of the time.  It is very rare that I have any issues and in fact my office phone is  a cell and when I drop they always call me right away.  I totally disagree with you on this.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@calicorecordsandcds wrote:

I cannot speak for your issues but, for me. Customer service is awesome about 98% of the time. 

It is very rare that I have any issues and in fact my office phone is a cell and when I drop they always call me right away. I totally disagree with you on this.

Nope, not true. When I drop and thinking to myself I've fallen and I can't get up they never call me, ever.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

When I want to contact eBay I use the contact by phone method. I click for eBay to phone me and in about 5 minutes I get a call from eBay. You should make sure that eBay has your correct phone number on file, You should check your account information. I have never had a problem contacting eBay.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@jeffrey5438 wrote:

... it looks like ebay doesn't care. what a shame!!! i guess i'm done with ebay

Ebay knows it will lose some buyers for various reasons every year, & appears to count on new buyers to replace those that have left

Message 11 of 11
latest reply