cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay auto pay solution

Ebay allows non paying buyers to keep on bidding.  They perpetuate bad buyers by allowing them to keep bidding and then hide the bad behavior by not allowing sellers to give negative feedback for non paying bidders to warn other sellers but instead commit' a fraud on sellers by representing the buyer has a 100% positive feedback rating even if they are a habitual non paying bidders. I guess its too hard for them to figure out how to fix the problem.

Solution:

Remove your cards from ebay, place bid, if you hit the pay wall, DONT BUY. Shop somewhere else. When you ignore customers, they go away.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: ebay auto pay solution

Ebay also allows non-performing sellers to keep selling. They perpetuate bad sellers by allowing them to keep selling. They allow negative feedback for sellers, but many sellers have learned how to work the system and have it removed. I guess it's too hard for eBay to figure out how to fix the problem. 

My point is not that nonpaying buyers aren't bad. The point is that there are both bad buyers and bad sellers. There always have been, for the entire 27 years I've been on the site. There are no simple fixes to either problem.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@dsalesco,

Have you set your Buyer Requirements to automatically block bidders/buyers who: have received 2 unpaid item strikes in the last 12 months, from bidding or buying from you?  Do you add non payers to your blocked buyer list?

For your Best Offer listings do you have your buyer payment requirement set to require Auto pay before they can make an offer or place a bid?

mudshark61369_0-1705154367224.png

So that they will be charged automatically if you accept an offer or they win an auction?

If you use the payment requirement for making offers, the buyer will not be able to request combined shipping totals, so I would advise that you add a prominent blurb in your listings saying that you will combine shipping, and refund buyers the shipping cost difference.  You may want to uncheck the auto pay option, if you do not list that many auctions, since it causes issues for last second bidders.

Seller's haven't been able to leave negative feedback since 2008, however, they do not remove follow up comments to feedback left.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Can you explain "nonpaying buyers aren't bad"? Is there another more appropriate description?

To the OP: Are you not cancelling, using buyer did not pay, as the reason, if you've not been paid in 3-4 days? Or have you set your requirements to do that automatically?

Once a buyer has two nonpaying cases opened in twelve months, he will find that most sellers will not do business with him.  Do you have your buyer requirements set accordingly? 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@soh.maryl 

where do you go to set those requirements?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

where do you go to set those requirements?

@pum2159 

Here:  

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

The ones that are the "combined shipping" deal killers are already enacted on your account in the default mode set to yes that eBay awarded you. 

Buyer Payment Requirements

*Require buyers to provide a payment method before they place a bid.

*Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer.

Click submit.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thank you so much. I changed my settings.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Can you explain "nonpaying buyers aren't bad"? Is there another more appropriate description?

@soh.maryl 

I believe you misread the sentence.  

It happens to the best of us.   🙂

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

How would negative feedback keep them from bidding?

If sellers use the tools that Ebay provides, most sellers will have them blocked and they won't be able to bid.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I think you missed a 'not' in that sentence.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thank you.  I must have done that.  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Sure there are, ebay can easily remove bad buyer and sellers. You cant get more simple than that.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply