cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay seller not canceling order and not replying to my messages.

Hello. I recently placed a bid on an auction, but after I won it and went to pay for it, I noticed that the shipping price has increased by a lot since I last saw it. Because if this, I decided not to pay for it. It was too late to ask the seller to cancel my order so I sent the seller a message asking them to cancel my order. It has been two days since I asked them to cancel my order and they still haven't cancelled it. They aren't even responding to my messages. How can I get them to cancel my order? Can I open up an item not received case after the estimated delivery date has passed? Can I ask eBay to step in?

Also, what will happen if the seller doesn't cancel my order? I've never gotten an unpaid item strike, before. If I get a strike on my account, can I appeal it since it'd be my first strike? What if the seller set it so their orders don't automatically get cancelled after four days? Will it sit in my cart forever or will it get removed from my cart?

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: eBay seller not canceling order and not replying to my messages.

I am floored.  All my years on eBay I have never once come across a valid reason for buyer to cancel an order or retract a bid.  Certainly not 11 or 934 times in a short period of time.

Message 31 of 80
latest reply

@codu-3879 

Just FYI...sellers can see your feedback left for sellers, plus your bid retraction numbers, plus your postings in the community and decide to place you on their Blocked Buyer List.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 32 of 80
latest reply

Wow. Just wow. In the previous thread it was mentioned that you had 482 bid retractions. In about 4 months since you've almost doubled that number to 934. I've been around here for a really long time, and I thought nothing could shock me anymore. I was wrong.

Message 33 of 80
latest reply

@codu-3879 

@codu-3879 wrote:

I'm sure that the seller would just rather send me a request to revise my feedback.

Sellers get to send only five Requests per year.  If I were the seller, I'd view this attitude as the buyer causing me to unnecessarily waste one of my few Requests. 

Message 34 of 80
latest reply

I've learned that what I was doing is not okay. Thank you for telling me that I shouldn't cancel so many bids. I thought that it was normal to have this many bids, but I guess that it's not. I'll try my best to stop retracting so many bids and learn to use different methods if I'm interested in an item. I'll also stop leaving neutral feedback on sellers when they cancel my order. I thought that what I was doing was okay, but now I know that it's wrong for me to do these things.

Message 35 of 80
latest reply

@codu-3879 wrote:

I've learned that what I was doing is not okay. Thank you for telling me that I shouldn't cancel so many bids. I thought that it was normal to have this many bids, but I guess that it's not. I'll try my best to stop retracting so many bids and learn to use different methods if I'm interested in an item.

You shouldn't have to retract any bids 99.99% of the time.

In about 20 years I retracted a grand total of 1 bid that I can recall. It was because the seller added information below the original description which noted a significant difference in the item from how it was originally listed.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 36 of 80
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@codu-3879 

This subject was (kind of) covered months ago, but it appears your bidding habits haven't changed. Hmmm... 🤔

Solved: Seller not responding when I ask them to cancel my... - The eBay Community

And in both threads, @codu-3879 chose his own (not) best answer as best answer! Ugh! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 37 of 80
latest reply

It looks like you need to slow down when shopping.  You have left quite a few neutral FB about not being able to cancel purchases.  How about making sure you really do want it before you buy it?  

Message 38 of 80
latest reply

Exactly! In probably close to 20 years, I think I have retracted one bid and that was because the seller and I both realized that his description was misleading.  

Message 39 of 80
latest reply

Glad to hear that you have made  good resolution for your future shopping and that you've realized that you need to take steps that will make eBay shopping better for both you and your sellers.  

Message 40 of 80
latest reply

The risk is "fun"? For whom, exactly?

Message 41 of 80
latest reply

Furthermore, the shipping price does not change under the conditions you cite.

When you look at an item you may want to buy or bid on, you are shown the shipping cost.

That  IS the shipping cost.  

Message 42 of 80
latest reply

You seem to be missing a point or two.  The neutral FB that you appear to leave routinely when sellers don't comply with your wishes is a small thing compared to the fact that you feel you need to ask to cancel so many transactions in a year. 

Message 43 of 80
latest reply

It's good to learn that you have currently learned a lot about eBay, how it works, and what kind of impact your habits can have on sellers as well as on YOUR record as a buyer.

Now, respectfully, suggest you go back and read more about seller's responsibilities as well as about how YOUR actions can have an impact on others.  

Message 44 of 80
latest reply

Just chiming in at the last minute here 

You bid You ask to cancel it is unfair of you to leave neutral

Would you have been happier if seller had refused your request to cancel?

that makes no sense at all to me

I am glad you are reconsidering how you bid 

thank you for posting 

Happy New Year

Message 45 of 80
latest reply