cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay seller not canceling order and not replying to my messages.

Hello. I recently placed a bid on an auction, but after I won it and went to pay for it, I noticed that the shipping price has increased by a lot since I last saw it. Because if this, I decided not to pay for it. It was too late to ask the seller to cancel my order so I sent the seller a message asking them to cancel my order. It has been two days since I asked them to cancel my order and they still haven't cancelled it. They aren't even responding to my messages. How can I get them to cancel my order? Can I open up an item not received case after the estimated delivery date has passed? Can I ask eBay to step in?

Also, what will happen if the seller doesn't cancel my order? I've never gotten an unpaid item strike, before. If I get a strike on my account, can I appeal it since it'd be my first strike? What if the seller set it so their orders don't automatically get cancelled after four days? Will it sit in my cart forever or will it get removed from my cart?

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: eBay seller not canceling order and not replying to my messages.

I seriously thought that I wasn't doing anything wrong. I won't leave neutral feedback for that reason, again.

Message 16 of 80
latest reply

Looks like you need to make better decisions before buying/bidding.

That's a lot of canceled orders.

Have a great day
Message 17 of 80
latest reply

Hi @codu-3879 

Since the seller likely is aware that shipping prices cannot be changed after a bid has been placed (or after an auction has been won) … the seller is likely waiting until Day 5 so that can choose ‘Buyer hasn’t paid’ as the reason for cancelling.

Just guessing.  

Message 18 of 80
latest reply

Curious as to "WHY" are you canceling so many purchases?

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 19 of 80
latest reply

EDITED TO ADD:
You’ve asked 11 sellers to cancel your orders in the past month alone.  What is causing you to change your mind all these times?

[Sellers get to request only 5 feedback revisions per year … so you really put them on the spot leaving neutrals.  Whatever scheme you have going for requesting multiple cancellations … and then rewarding acquiescence by leaving the sellers neutral feedback … just makes you look unnecessarily cruel.  Please stop it.]

Message 20 of 80
latest reply

I had no idea that what I was doing was wrong. I do have valid reasons to cancel orders and sometimes, the seller cancels my order even though I didn't ask them to. It's me leaving neutral feedback that's wrong and I won't do it, again.

Message 21 of 80
latest reply

@codu-3879 wrote:

I had no idea that what I was doing was wrong. I do have valid reasons to cancel orders and sometimes, the seller cancels my order even though I didn't ask them to. It's me leaving neutral feedback that's wrong and I won't do it, again.

@codu-3879 

All but one of your questions to the Community have concerned sellers not cancelling your orders quickly enough.  You’ve received many replies explaining why cancelling is a problem to sellers over the years.

You cannot possibly have ‘valid reasons’ for requesting the cancellation of so many orders … unless you feel you somehow are entitled to have all your desires fulfilled.

The fact that you’re still under the impression that leaving neutral feedback is the ONLY thing you’ve been doing wrong is extremely sad and disappointing.  [And I’m not a seller.  I can imagine how the sellers must feel reading that.]

Message 22 of 80
latest reply

I realize that it's my fault and I make lots of mistakes. I do bid on auctions quite a few times and I should've started checking my list of auctions that I placed bids on more often. If I did, I would've been able to see that the shipping price changed and I would've been able to retract my bid before there's less than twelve hours left in the auction.

I should start reading the descriptions of listings more and really thinking about whether I should bid on a certain eBay listing or not. When I bid on an item on eBay, I'm committed to buy that item unless I lose the auction. Not checking on the auctions that I placed bids on and realizing that I won auctions that I on items that I didn't want will ruin my relationships with those sellers as well as other sellers.

Message 23 of 80
latest reply

@codu-3879 wrote:

I had no idea that what I was doing was wrong. I do have valid reasons to cancel orders 

Placing a bid, submitting/accepting an offer, and clicking buy it now are all commitments to purchase. Requesting to cancel should be a rare occurrence. Canceling costs sellers time and money. Requesting cancellations eleven times in a month is excessive.

Non-paying bidders have been a problem on this site, to the point eBay has spent several years and a lot of money trying to implement ways to avoid non-payers, like auto-pay upon auction end or offer acceptance. The side effects have caused a lot of problems for sellers and buyers alike.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 24 of 80
latest reply

@codu-3879 

OMG!  You’ve made 984 bid retractions in the past 12 months!

I’m afraid nothing I can say will increase your understanding of eBay policies and ethics.  

Message 25 of 80
latest reply

CORRECTION:

You’ve left 934 bid retractions.  [Darn astigmatism!]

Message 26 of 80
latest reply

Who else thinks shipping wasn’t changed after they placed their bid but that they realized that the item was For parts or not working only after the listing ended…

Message 27 of 80
latest reply

I knew that the item was for parts or not working when I placed my bid on it. However, I did read the description and it stated that the item was untested. I'm okay with buying untested items even if I know that I can't ask the seller for a full refund if the item doesn't work. The risk is fun and I can resell those items if I want to.

Message 28 of 80
latest reply

@codu-3879 

This subject was (kind of) covered months ago, but it appears your bidding habits haven't changed. Hmmm... 🤔

Solved: Seller not responding when I ask them to cancel my... - The eBay Community

Message 29 of 80
latest reply

Unbelievable!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 30 of 80
latest reply