Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Squaretrade protection plan real or scam?

I had a very bad experience with the squaretrade protction plan on ebay lately. I bought a equipment on ebay, before the check out, this allstate protection plan poped up. I thought that this equipment may need the protection plan, so I bought it. Af...

Collectors - Beware of fraud, misrepresented, and counterfeit antique postage stamps on eBay

Dear eBay Stamp Collector Community, I wanted to warn the community that many of the antique postage stamps being advertised by Sellers are fraudulent. Incorrect Scott catalogue numbers, regumming, reperforation, removed cancellations all being adver...

dishonest seller

purchased an item on ebay that a seller was selling on on etsy as well...I showed interest on the item which was less expensive on etsy....she jacked the price up 100.00 on etsy so i bought the item on ebay. she refunded me telling me that the item h...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Received a package I did not order

Hey, so today I received a big package (with 2 Dell PCs inside) that I didn’t buy. I live in Europe, the sender was Ebay International Shipping in US.There is no info regarding the seller or order number.The only document I have is a customs declarat...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

appeal

I disputed and item because it did not arrive on time. CLosed the case and now the item is not new as advertised. What can I do?

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! NO TRACKING NUMBER PROVIDED BY A SELLER and no communication

I purchased something from this seller even though he had zero feedback. I paid and now I do not have a tracking number and ebay will not even allow me to do anything until the day that this estimated arrival is supposed to happen. I don't think it's...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Best Offer Option, new pre-requisite for payment method

Just completed two "Best Offer" purchases, Sale "Best Offer" option pre-requiste payment method: The "offers option" pays immediately should seller accept offer, no final approval of the transaction by the buyer. No confirmation to buyer upon complet...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

sales tax

Ebay seems to be charging too much sales tax in washington state ,anyone else see this?

Resolved! Why do some people have bidding end in the middle of the night?

This seller was located in a similar time zone to me so I know it was the middle of the night for them, but the bidding ended at 4:40 something eastern time. This is an item I REALLY wanted so I tried to stay up late in order to get this item but I f...

Rant

Searching for some items for my car . But went through about 8-200 count pages and all I saw was pages of the same items from the same seller. What a waist of time. I'm done. Should that be allowed?

Feedback from same Seller before 7 days has past to count has changed or has it?

In the old days, it was 6 days before your positive feedback score would add up if you bought from the same seller.I called CS and they emphatically said, the 6-day rule doesn't apply any longer. Yet, when I bought another title from the same seller ...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Unable to use Buy it Now or Add to Shopping Cart!

I've been an ebay member since 1999. No strikes, no unpaid purchases. Only two negative feedbacks as seller over that span of time (24 years). I've also bought countless items on ebay and have never encountered this error before.I've contacted the se...

basspig_0-1697758336897.png
User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Coach wallet falling apart

Hello I purchased what was supposed to be a real Coach wallet from keita.tano-74 she assured me the wallet was real and within two weeks All the threading is coming unraveled all the lining and outside is coming unraveled. It looks absolutely terribl...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors