cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why on earth is there a Feedback Deadline?

It makes no sense.

I frequently buy complicated IT server/network and car parts which I don't always have time to fully test immediately upon receipt.

Why can't I go back more than 8 weeks later and give them positive feedback once I have confirmed that everything is in order?

Feedback is one of the most valuable tools on eBay, and having an arbitrary deadline seems profoundly wrong, especially for complicated parts that people may only have time on weekends to work on, and it may take several weekends to fully test...

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Why on earth is there a Feedback Deadline?

I cant imagine problem buyers having more than two months to leave feedback..that would be chaos. Its up to you as the buyer, to make time to inspect your items within the two months time.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I agree that this is a problem. There have been many times that orders from China arrived after the feedback option was closed.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

It doesn't leave time for if you have a problem. So, you don't get your item, then your feedback expires. Silly really.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Here's a novel idea, stop ordering stuff with a 2 month delivery time.
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

I cant imagine problem buyers having more than two months to leave feedback..that would be chaos. Its up to you as the buyer, to make time to inspect your items within the two months time.

You should try to imagine harder.  Items can often take months to be delivered.  If feedback requires a timer it should start when the item is delivered.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@angiej_15 wrote:
Here's a novel idea, stop ordering stuff with a 2 month delivery time.

Here is a novel idea, ebay can just stop selling stuff with a 2month delivery time.

You're just white knighting for ebay.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Just curious; I have never seen anything with a 'estimated delivery time' that far out. Do you have an item # for an example? 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

There is no reason why any item, from anywhere in the world to anywhere else in the world, should take more than 30 days or thereabouts to be delivered.  And that accounts for slow postal services on each end and a slow boat in the middle. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Feedback has always been optional for either party, and it's been years now since a seller could leave a negative for a buyer.

So why do you feel that "Feedback is one of the most valuable tools on eBay"?

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

This place is so overwhelmingly one sided in favor of buyers.

There does not need to be more ways to punish sellers.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Exactly what items are those, that take 'months' to deliver??

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@corvettestainless wrote:

Just curious; I have never seen anything with a 'estimated delivery time' that far out. Do you have an item # for an example? 

@corvettestainless 

@bonjourami 

...OMG...Sooo easy to find.  Here, I just put led light and bang!  First one up...

Screenshot_2019-11-19 LED Corn Bulb G9 High Lumens Lights 2835SMD AC 220V 3W 5W Wall Mounts Lamps 73C eBay(1).png

Now, if I were to order this today, the last ETA date is Jan. 23 - which is a smidge over the 2 month time frame.

...Ta-da! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

well I had no idea..cant imagine ordering something that would take two months to deliver..when there are plenty of those for sale right here in the U.S.,seems kind of silly,but I guess cheap is all that matters to some buyers..

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Rather than worry about leaving feedback, OP, I'd be worried about the 30 day MBG deadline for filing SNAD disputes if I wasn't able to test the item for 8 weeks.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 15 of 18
latest reply