cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY CAN'T EBAY SELLER SHIP TO NIGERIA

WHY IS IT THAT WE NIGERIA CANNOT BUY GOODS OF OUR CHOICE ON EBAY WHEN  ALL THE SELLER REFUSE TO SHIP TO NIGERIA , THIS IS UNFAIR TO US ..

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: WHY CAN'T EBAY SELLER SHIP TO NIGERIA

Blame the scammers in your country.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always take a banana to a party, bananas are good! - Ten
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Aside from the obvious history of scammers, there's this. PayPal does not operate in Nigeria. Almost all seller use PayPal. Therefore you will not be able to make a legitimate purchase on eBay.com.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

I sell to Nigeria but I usually ask they pay the taxes and import fees first along with a $100 refundable amount to make sure the money goes through properly, then they can buy the item and I refund the $100...... did I say I am a Prince? Not THE Prince because he is dead..... unless that impresses you and you are unaware of Prince's demise.... than I am he...

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Sir,

I will gladly sell to Nigeria.  But even as a seller of noble origin, I have been injured in the hospital so please send me a donation or loan by western union or other money wire service, then I will sell to you.  

By the way, I only sell old, used, broken down for parts only items AND i only sell IN PERSON so you would have to come IN PERSON to the US to pick up your goods AND you would have to PAY IN ADVANCE by western union.  

Did I say you have to pay by WESTERN UNION???!!!!!!!!  </END SARCASM FONT>

**************************************************************************************
I'm only on the internet once or so per week, so if you have a response or question for me and I don't get to it within 2 hours, be prepared to wait another week or more. Sorry but fuzzy furballs take catnaps too!! -)
MY REVIEW/GUIDELINES FOR BUYING ON EBAY FOR BUYERS -UPDATED JULY 31 2017
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@opeyemolawuy0 wrote:

WHY IS IT THAT WE NIGERIA CANNOT BUY GOODS OF OUR CHOICE ON EBAY WHEN  ALL THE SELLER REFUSE TO SHIP TO NIGERIA , THIS IS UNFAIR TO US ..

Unfair to you.... Seriously?

Unfair to US is that Nigeria is the scam capitol of the world.  Now I know that most of the people in Nigeria are probably fine and honest folks, but the scammers in your country are prolific.  It would be unfair to force eBay sellers to sell to a country where chances are pretty good they will lose their money and their product. 

If you want to purchase items via eBay, get yourself a freight forwarding service and have items sent there.  It is basically like renting a PO box here in the USA.  Items get shipped to a US based address and then they ship you your item.  This is of course IF one of these freight forwarding facilities will even take on a customer in Nigeria due to the frequency of fraud.

Other than that... It is what it is and you will get no sympathy from sellers who just don't want to chance being ripped off.  No amount of yelling and screaming or whinning is going to change how most non-Nigerian eBayer sellers feel.  That probably goes the same for non-Niberian buyers..... I don't really think I would buy from Nigeria either.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

you could always move
║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║ ║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║ ║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Add to that list most of eastern Europe and much of South America.  I've heard sellers have had problems in Italy too.  Ditto Mexio.

I pretty much stick to the USA, Canada, western Europe (sans Italy), Australia, Japan and the Caribbean.  Some people have had problems in the Caribbean, but I've sold several items there and never had an issue.   I've heard mixed things about China...but for now I have them blocked. 

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@creoleorchid wrote:

Aside from the obvious history of scammers, there's this. PayPal does not operate in Nigeria. Almost all seller use PayPal. Therefore you will not be able to make a legitimate purchase on eBay.com.

Yes they do. They opened that up either earlier this year or last year.

Legitimate purchase?

I stand corrected. Actually I'm sitting on the porch enjoying this almost but not quite fall weather.

I won't elaborate on the legitimate question. I got put in time out for doing that one time.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

You can blame all the scammers & dishonest people in Nigeria. I would love to sell to your country but I won't risk it.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@creoleorchid wrote:

I stand corrected. Actually I'm sitting on the porch enjoying this almost but not quite fall weather.

I won't elaborate on the legitimate question. I got put in time out for doing that one time.

TOTALLY understand ....... Smiley Wink

Actually, I don't believe eBay forbids sellers from selling to or shipping to Nigeria.  However, most sellers choose not to do so because of the country's reputation for having an extremely high population of scam artists.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I've been buying from eBay since late 2015. You can only buy but not sell cos Paypal limits Nigeria to only making payment with its services and not receiving. My friend tried selling not knowing the limitation, his account got suspended indefinitely and that means forever.
I've bought things mostly electronic ranging from phones to hard disks, casings and earphones, some food supplements and alot others. Most sellers were Chinese but there was Canadian, Polish, US and some others. I go for Free International Shipping (Expedited are very expensive) that arrives at the post office say a month later, I go pick them up. Never had a problem with customs or NIPOST agent saying my package was lost or stolen like they did in the early years. I always track it. My packages are being tracked too by NIPOST and they call me on phone once they arrive and they make sure I'm the one receiving. Most times I always get my shipments or they arrive very late. Once you receive a shipment twice via same post office, they store your details that I even still get my packages when a seller errs in my address or doesn't include any phone.
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

There is no reason why an eBay seller can't ship to Nigeria.  However, your country has a reputation for having a high number of scam artists and actually has a scam named after it.  So it isn't really a matter of can't but rather one of won't.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 15 of 25
latest reply