cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh! Dilemma..What would you do?

First time I have ever had this issue in 20 years of being a buyer on Ebay..I had a bought a chewy.com coupon...good price...and of course the seller didn't have tracking, so I assume she had hand-written the address and maybe missed something..My address is SUPER LONG!..

Expected delivery was April 30th, and I of course will give it more time..but if it doesn't come in, I am thinking of just calling it a day..I don't want my seller to be out of anything..I don't want her to think that I am a problem buyer..it was only a couple of bucks..

I just feel like crapola..it was a good price on a good coupon that I could really use for my brood of furballs..

What would you all do? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ugh! Dilemma..What would you do?

I would give it until Saturday and then file an INR. That’s 5 days after the delivery estimate. The INR won’t count against the seller unless she ignores it. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I would give it until Saturday and then file an INR. That’s 5 days after the delivery estimate. The INR won’t count against the seller unless she ignores it. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I just emailed her..told her that I haven't gotten it yet but I would like to give it a few more days..will she get back her fees? 

UGH! Reading about these things on the boards and here I am...

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I agree with Jen. Wait a couple more days and file a claim. There were protections she could have given herself and she chose not to. Don't feel bad about her being out the money. How is that any worse than you being out the money? She is the one who didn't deliver. Hopefully if anything she will learn a lesson from this. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@emerald1830,

Have you checked the sellers feedback profile to see if they are a new seller or haven't sold anything in over a year?  If either is the case, they may have run into PayPal's 21 day hold placed on all new or returning sellers payments. Since you want the gift card and see they may be affected by the hold, contact them.  Tell them to login to PayPal, click on the Help button, and on the next page type Payment Hold into the topic search box.  A couple of articles about the hold will show up, and explain what she should do.

If your seller isn't new or inexperienced, then I'd file an INR, to get a refund.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@emerald1830 wrote:

What would you all do? 

I wouldn't 'buy' coupons here or anywhere else since most of them have terms to the effect of 'not transferrable' and/or 'may not be bought or sold'.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It came in!!!

All good!! Thank you all!!!!!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the good news follow-up...hope you & the furballs enjoy the coupon!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply