cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNSOLICITED OFFER FROM OTHER SELLERS

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF GETTING OFFERS TO BUY FROM OTHER SELLERS. HOW DO THEY TARGET ME?  I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING  POSSIBLE TO STOP THIS PRACTICE. 

FOUL!!!

BRINOZ

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: UNSOLICITED OFFER FROM OTHER SELLERS

Are you watching any items? Sellers have the option of sending offers to watchers of their items. Otherwise I got nothing. 

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Stop watching competitors items! That will stop the offers.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Awhile back, eBay introduced a choice for sellers to send offers to watchers of their items. At one time you could opt out of receiving these messages by going to My eBay > Account > Communication preferences > Buying activity > Offers to buyers > Save.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@ainpie-10 wrote:

Stop watching competitors items! That will stop the offers.

I have been receiving offers for items i only looked at and didn't put on my Watch list.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Actually that happened to me as well, so I can’t say Maoist was a mistake and you accidentally clicked on watch. I even had to double check my listings just to make sure I hadn’t been watching it. As a seller I know this must happen a lot because 99.9% of the items I send an offer to I don’t hear back.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Sellers can send offers to "interested buyers" which includes some people who aren't even watching.  

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

As a seller, how do I know if they are just interested and not a watcher? (Assuming there are already watchers on that item?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I'm not 100% sure ...but I think that if someone clicks on Your listing 2-3 times eBay considers them as being an interested buyer...I'm sure that someone else has better info/links to confirm this...🙃

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@kus1617 wrote:

I'm not 100% sure ...but I think that if someone clicks on Your listing 2-3 times eBay considers them as being an interested buyer...I'm sure that someone else has better info/links to confirm this...🙃

This is true - sorry, I don't have a source right off the bad, but it was in one of eBay's podcasts.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

>>>Thanks<<<...I think that those offers are also made anonymously so the seller has no idea who it goes out to

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

As either a Buyer or seller. I take advantage of these offers. I put items I am interested in on my watch list and wait to see if some buyer will offer me a cheaper price. I never got an offer if i didnt put item on my watch list. If not then I wasn't that interested in it any way. Part of doing business. No different than a K-Mart Blue Light Special.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Oh, just do what I do: IGNORE.
We have much bigger problems in our lives than brain-dead low-ballers who refuse to buy 'anything' unless they get a 'deal'. Screw 'em- don't need 'em.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

i'm getting offers on items i've NEVER even looked at!!!! being bombarded with them.... over 40 in the past two days!!!! so annoying

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@puppytrucks 

Have you set your preferences to block these messages as given in post 4 of this zombie thread?

Because of its age, this thread will likely be locked. 
You may have to start your own thread. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply