cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two vendors listed and sold me the exact same item.

Hi ebay community,

The problem I have is that I purchased an antique, garnet pendant on March 29th and forgot I'd purchased it because I'd seen quite a few.  On April 3rd I found the same exact pendant (same photos) and bought it again but it was listed by a different vendor.  It wasn't until I looked at my purchase history a day or so after the 2nd purchase that I realized I'd purchased the EXACT SAME item from two different sellers.  I even paid different amounts.  When I realized and tried canceling it was too late.  Then I contacted both vendors and only one would respond.  They said that the person who owned the item had listed it with them but then put it up for sale own their own.  They seem to be having a dispute but I just want a refund from both vendors and I want Ebay to deal with them.  The automated ebay-bot says to wait until April 23 for the item....I want it over now.

Buzz

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

"One "seller" may be a drop shipper which I think is still against ebay rules"

Drop shipping is allowed on Ebay.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Have to wait until April 23rd....not before to see what arrives.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

One "seller" may be a drop shipper which I think is still against ebay rules. If there is only one available all you have to do is open a case as item not received(when the date dictates) and you will get a refund 100%. Even if the one seller isn't responding they probably have seen the message. I would send another message to the seller telling them you will be opening a case if item not shipped. Most sellers don't want that nick on their account. Or by chance both send it, just return one if you don't want it. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Sorry, but there's nothing you can do until the 24th.

If they don't ship:

A day after the estimated delivery date Ebay gave you, open an Item Not Received case.
Go to your purchase history and click I didn't get it in the menu next to the item.
The seller will have 3 days to provide a tracking number showing it was delivered or refund.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

"One "seller" may be a drop shipper which I think is still against ebay rules"

Drop shipping is allowed on Ebay.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

You response made me laugh....good response!

Thanks

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for everyone's response.  I did speak with an ebay service rep and they told me the same thing, that I would need to wait until April 24th and if nothing arrives submit a "item wasn't received".

BUT since then, I've found eight different vendors listing the same "garnet shield pendant".  They all use the same photo, some describe it as "antique" or "Victorian", others say "lab made"....but the images are the same garnet pendant/locket....This seems like false advertising.  If this is a mass-produced reproduction they should be listing it as such.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@buzzmyers63 

Since you already left feedback for one of the sellers (in India), I'm assuming you didn't receive it and that the seller may have already refunded you, since the same item has been relisted. The same item with the same pictures is also listed by 2 different seller IDs in Houston, TX, a 4th seller in the UK, a 5th seller in Florida. 

All use the same pictures. I don't know which, if any, show the actual item! 

ETA: LOL! You posted as I was typing the same thing about all the listings of the same piece.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

All the listings I looked at for 'garner shield pendant' were from Indian sellers. They sell mass produced jewelry and are notorious for selling modern 'antiqued' jewelry and fake stones. So it's quite likely that all the sellers actually have this necklace. I've collected antique and vintage jewelry for 40 years. You couldn't pay me to buy something from India.

But this potentially complicates your issue. Since this isn't a one-off piece, you will quite likely receive both pendants. You can open an Item Not as Described case and eventually get a refund. 

I would also add that it's very, very unlikely you will ever get a piece of actual antique jewelry from India, particularly not for these prices. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@buzzmyers63,

The two listings you purchased can both be viewed on Terapeak, by searching for "garnet shield pendant". One of the transactions appears to have been canceled "for a policy violation" but the listing is still active; you left feedback for the other one which identifies both sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404841426199?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404895584401?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

They were both listed as "new" (with or without tags) with a quantity of 2 available,  so I'm not sure how you would have thought that either of them was actually antique, or one of a kind. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply