Did you mean: 

Turn off automatic payments

Hoe to turn off the automatic payments 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Turn off automatic payments

Buyers cannot turn it off.

sellers go to "buyer requirements" to uncheck the boxes auto selected by eBay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you're a buyer, there's no opting out - it's just as buyselljack  states.  I've been in auto-pay for eight months now

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The only way to opt out is to hit the back button and not buy the item. I haven't bought any item when I see this pop-up. Messaging buyers is a total waste of time, I'm done with that idea. Buyers have the final say and if enough sales are being lost I would think it would be wise to scrap the auto-pay. It is not fair to punish all buyers because of the minority of non-payers. It also limits buyers for payment options, combined shipping and many other reasons. I will never authorize ebay to make charges without me personally reviewing the invoice first. The seller's exclusion list also does not work for this buyer requirement.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The seller's exclusion list also does not work for this buyer requirement.

@campanaelia 

You are correct. Sellers who wish to encourage multiple sales via auctions or offers must turn off the requirements.  Unfortunately, many sellers do not know they are there in the first place,  keep wondering why they no longer get offers, nobody is bidding on their items, and sales are in the proverbial toilet.  I am sure they think promoting their listings will help, while the whole program discourages buyers that DO pay. 

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Buyer Payment Requirements

*Require buyers to provide a payment method before they place a bid.

*Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer.

Click submit.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply