cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking??

I purchased a laptop item number 156137663363 was to be delivered April 2nd. I was home all day nothing was delivered. Later checked tracking and showed delivered but when looking at actual tracking it shows:

• Tue, Apr 2
    11:58am
    DELIVERED IN/AT MAILBOX
    ALIQUIPPA, PA 15001
  • Sat, Mar 30
    5:05pm
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
    ALIQUIPPA, PA 15001

Now I cannot file as not being delivered as tracking shows delivered!!
    The seller has no clue what happened as the laptop was not actually redelivered back to them.
    How do I file to get my money back as tracking shows delivered? Thanks. Dave

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Tracking??

Did you contact your PO to see what you could find out about the package?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Yes my local PO has no record other than what I see ans spoke with my delivery guy and he did not deliver anything, I spoke with him the following day

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I do not necessarily recommend this path, but some would say that easiest and most effective course of action is to file for a return.  Seller will have to provide a label, and you could send back to him what you received - nothing.  Some would say to keep in mind that the “nothing” being returned must go into a box, then shipped back to the seller.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Are both you and the seller in ALIQUIPPA, PA 15001?

That appears to be where both the shipment started and delivery was completed.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

No I am in New Jersey and I cannot file for a return as package shows delivered with tracking but not to my address.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Your seller's feedback is a little lacking.....

You MUST file an item not as described case !  Since is says delivered you would lose an item not received case.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Follow @simba6 instructions to file as not as described and be prepared to file a chargeback dispute with your credit card issuer if that fails.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

If the seller was in Aliquippa, PA I would say it's a simple case where instead of an acceptance scan, the carrier's scanner was on the wrong setting and they scanned as delivered instead of accepted.

However, the listing shows shipping from Ohio and you said the package is headed to New Jersey.

As a next step I would bring a copy of the eBay order to the PO that shows both the tracking number and your ship to address. As the PO clerk to check if the tracking number is addressed to you. If it's addressed to you then it could be a situation where there was a scan issue as mentioned above, combined with the seller not updating their shipping location and I'd give the package more time to show additional tracking.

If USPS says the package is not addressed to you, file a non-receipt claim on eBay. Bots will typically close the case against you since there is a delivered scan, however if you contact CS and show them the item was delivered to an entirely different state, they should help close the claim (or appeal it) in your favor.

Editing this post to add @dabunk2000 :

I looked up those 2 locations in PA and OH and they're approx half an hour away from each other. This leads me to believe seller shipped from a different PO and carrier scanned as delivered instead of accepted.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply