cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title & Description both say Free Ship. Seller wants to charge shipping anyway

So the item's title said "FREE SHIP" & in the description the seller also wrote "FREE SHIP."  Yes, these words were in all caps.  Once it came time to pay, the seller's invoice had a shipping charge. So I look back, and under the shipping tab, the shipping price is listed. 

I asked him to take the shipping charge off, to which he refuses. What's the consensus? Who's right/wrong? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Got an item number? Sellers dont usually send the buyer an invoice, that is done by Ebay.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Seller is wrong but if they refuse, you have 2 choices.

1.) eat it

2.) don't buy it

Personally, I would let them know you are not buying and they should change their title. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Are you in the same country as the seller?

Many sellers who offer free Domestic shipping charge for international shipping.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Personally, I think the guy's just being a jerk. I bought the same item (they're serialized) back in late January & paid. He never shipped it & never responded to my emails. In late February, I see the same item, same serial number, listed for sale again. Keep in mind he still had my money. Complained to ebay, it got cancelled & I was refunded. Then he listed it again.

So I bought it again because I know I'll get my money back if he flakes again. I also did it in part, to irritate him. But also because I want it for my collection.

After I won, I will admit that the charge was listed in the shipping tab, that's why it appeared on the invoice & that's when I looked. But "FREE SHIP" is what he wrote in both the title & description.

He responded like a jerk about forcing me to pay the shipping, didn't address what he thinks "FREE SHIP" really means.

I'm going to just pay  because I want it then give him two bad marks on both sales whether or not I ever receive it. The first time he kept my money & never replied. The second, well, I think he deserves it because he was a jerk.

But there's nothing EBay's going to do to address this, is there?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply