cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The issues with fake Health & Wellness products - especially in weight loss

I have screenshots, but no place to send them.
There are several sellers offering Puravive bottles with a 60 day count.
So far I've only heard of 30 day count as the bottles are supposed to be offered per month.

Not only that, but the label of ingredients are wrong. I've the list of ingredients and noticed
if the label was included in the listing, several differed from one another as well as the official listing of ingredients on the legit product. Some omit this so as to not get caught selling fake products.

Not only is it dangerous for someone to take a product like this without knowing the correct ingredients, but some herbal supplements have negative interaction with medicinal prescriptions from doctors.

The official product has 8 herbs and the fake ones often have apple cider vinegar and green coffee or tea, among other well known supplements that flood this niche. It's just another way for cons to sell their snake oil instead of the actual products.

I would think that eBay would make sure not to endanger their community by having staff to weed out these dangers.

Puravive is the current product I'm addressing. But I've discovered several others that have the single purpose of tricking desperate people from their money. Which is likely the same goal of those who offer the original product, though it may actually do at least something beneficial. The fakes don't even offer that.

So always check the ingredients of the original against those sellers are offering to make sure you aren't scammed.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

There are 1.7 billion listings on eBay. How on earth do you think eBay can possibly hire enough staff to vet every one of them on a real-time basis? It's up to each buyer to do exactly what you suggest -- "check the ingredients of the original against those sellers are offering to make sure you aren't scammed".

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

There is NO FDA requirement for Herbal Supplements so if someone has an issue, they need to sue (and prove it-independently) as well as there is 

NO official 'issue' with any supplement vs. 'RX' medicines. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply