cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange shipping patterns

Many of my packages are being re-routed back to original shipping point.

Example:  a package originated in Federal Way, WA made its way to Jacksonville, FL yet two days after arrival, ended up back in Federal Way. 

What's going on?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Strange shipping patterns

Probably because of the virus, the post office is short staffed and overloaded with packages (more than during the Christmas season some claim). Some stuff is slow. Some stuff is subject to errors. We've had some odd things happen as well.

Strange times...

Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@mcfan2015,

If you go to the shipping company's site and enter the tracking number there, you will probably get a more detailed reason why the package is going back.  While distribution centers do get shut down for covid cleaning most often packages get rerouted through another local center, not sent back to the originating center.  You can always try opening a missing package search through the shipping company's site.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Just bought something from Florida, it arrived a day early in NYC. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I bought a book from upstate NY, it bounced around in NYC/and Jersey for two weeks before being sent on its way to the greater Nashville area. Even crazier was when it arrived it had been opened by the USPS and replaced with a coffee mug.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@kyrailfan666 wrote:

I bought a book from upstate NY, it bounced around in NYC/and Jersey for two weeks before being sent on its way to the greater Nashville area. Even crazier was when it arrived it had been opened by the USPS and replaced with a coffee mug.

@kyrailfan666 

You just made me spit coffee on my monitor!

Hey... I live in the greater Nashville area. As if I need to tell you... our Postal employees wouldn't do that. LOL

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

This sort of thing has been happening a lot lately.  Packages tracking to other states,  then all the way back around to originating state,  packages not being scanned,  a couple taking over 2 weeks to arrive to customer.  How are we,  as sellers,  supposed to keep our reputations intact?  I doubt eBay will take this into consideration during our evaluation.  Very frustrating.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Been going on for 3 months.  All kinds of bizarre routing.  Lots of sort centers that I have never seen.  Things being bounced around the US to 5 different sort centers in all different directions.  It's COVID related. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 8 of 8
latest reply