cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange package behavior in USPS tracking

I live in southwest PA. I placed an order on August 28th, from a seller in Texas. The package never came through PA at all, and went straight to New York. It was scanned as missent twice and forwarded twice on consecutive days. Now it says "arrival at unit" still in New York! What is going on here? Btw I presented the problem to a local USPS post office on Saturday and they didn't seem overly concerned. But I am worried, as my packages never go through New York on the way to my state, if they originated from the West or South.

Untitled 1.jpg

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Strange package behavior in USPS tracking

If it's at the wrong post office it will probably be discovered on Tuesday morning and sent on to the correct one.

If it doesn't arrive on time or there's any other issues...

If you didn't receive your item and it's past the estimated delivery date go here and report to ebay:

Report an item you didn't receive 

If the item you received was not as described click here:

return item for refund 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Yes, can't discern anything else until at least Tuesday. The package scanned as Missent means it's on the wrong track but they are aware of it and will reroute it. It's a frustrating delay but not uncommon.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Your story is a common one.  The postal service is a mess.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It's already past time but I'm trying to stay patient and wait. Even more frustrating that it's a holiday weekend and not much can be done until Tuesday.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I hope that is the case. It seems to be drifting around in an aimless circle!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

It is a mess, and the later it gets in the year, the worse it seems to be. Earlier this year they seemed to be improving.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You have 30 days past the last estimated delivery date to open a case. As mentioned, USPS is a mess, but usually these routing errors get straightened out. I had a package going to a town about 60 miles from me that was routed through Puerto Riço. It eventually made it to its destination.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

No wonder the USPS can never make a profit. So much wasted labor on misrouted packages.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I wanted to let  everyone know my package did arrive safe and sound on September 8th. I'm so glad it survived its little side trip to New York!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply