cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something is sus about the Search engine through eBay.

I have been a loyal eBayer for Twenty Three years.  I know how to search for an item on the platform.

My search results have changed in the last two weeks.  I do the same thing every day.  I have a favorite designer, I search the name and filter the results from lowest to highest.  I search through the 21,000 results for deals.

Two weeks ago, I search my favorite designer and get 21,000 results as usual.  I then filter the results from lowest to highest and I only get 160 results and they are only shoes.  Ebay will only show the full results if I don't filter the pricing.  Ebay is forcing me to scroll through the full results and it is extremely frustrating.

I can still do it my preferred way on my phone for the time being, but something is very suspicious when using my laptop.  Am I being targeted or is this happening all over the platform?

Do we need to boycott eBay to get some attention?  I've never used this community forum and don't know how it works.  Thanks for your attention.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Can you provide the exact search parameters and search words so we can try to replicate the issue? Just want to see if this is indeed a system problem. My searches for my own stuff are, so far, normal.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The "Price plus shipping: lowest first" sort order provides filtered results -- often drastically filtered. And the option to "see more results" may not always be shown as it should. The filtering may vary depending on the keywords used.

If you encounter a drastically filtered result for a keyword search using a desktop browser, you should be able to use the "Feedback" link in the lower right corner of the search results to provide feedback on your search to eBay developers. The more users provide info, the more likely something is to be done about the over-filtration problem.

You can avoid that problem entirely by using a different sort order.

If you have few results, try sorting by "highest first", then starting at the end of the results, scroll up instead of down. This also avoids the problem of variation listings with low-cost variations appearing at the top of the lowest-first sort.

If you have a bookmarked or saved lowest-first search that you use a lot, you can avoid the filtration by adding the following to the end of the search URL, then saving the resulting search:

&_blrs=recall_filtering

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The search is a total mess and has been for a while. Everything from non car parts showing up in ebay motors to not showing what you are searching for. I have put in many tech issues but nothing has changed. From what I understand they have a new search program and it is everything but perfect. I am told it's a work in progress but it has destroyed sales for a lot of sellers. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@randy-rando wrote:

I have been a loyal eBayer for Twenty Three years.  I know how to search for an item on the platform.

My search results have changed in the last two weeks.  I do the same thing every day.  I have a favorite designer, I search the name and filter the results from lowest to highest.  I search through the 21,000 results for deals.

Two weeks ago, I search my favorite designer and get 21,000 results as usual.  I then filter the results from lowest to highest and I only get 160 results and they are only shoes.  Ebay will only show the full results if I don't filter the pricing.  Ebay is forcing me to scroll through the full results and it is extremely frustrating.

I can still do it my preferred way on my phone for the time being, but something is very suspicious when using my laptop.  Am I being targeted or is this happening all over the platform?

Do we need to boycott eBay to get some attention?  I've never used this community forum and don't know how it works.  Thanks for your attention.

You should see where it says something like eBay is only showing the best listings with a see more results option.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You are soooooo correct!  It's absolutely a disaster. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply