cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller refused to ship to me. Can negative feedback sellers still sell?

A few days ago I bought a Jimmy Johns visor that isn't listed very often on ebay. I really wanted it but the seller had a bad lack of response and got nasty with me when I questioned it. There were a lot of messages sent but the latest one she finally revealed:

i get your upset about your hat. it was from my old job, i decided to sell the hat for some extra cash. i’m currently in the middle of a separation from my partner and he has a lot of my stuff that he’s refusing to give back and that’s including the hat. life has been hectic for me lately, i haven’t had time to respond to your other messages. i wasn’t even aware of any of this until today. i’m not a company, i’m a real person with a job like you. i don’t sell things on here for a living.

Which is not my problem. So now technically her husband won't give me what's rightfully mine. I filed a complaint with ebay and they told me to contact paypal to try and get my money back. I already left the seller negative feedback. Can sellers with negative 1 still sell? I also had the same thing happen a week ago only the seller never sent it and didn't reply to any of my emails except the first one to say ok when I asked him to review my offer for it (which he didn't). I am very frustrated by all this! I have tried to get the seller to cooperate but no go.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Seller refused to ship to me. Can negative feedback sellers still sell?

Sellers can sell with a Negative rating. If your seller does not have access to the visor, what would you have them do?

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@spendin-n-y2k,

Maybe you should stop buying from (0) feedback sellers unless you are willing to cut them some slack.  Not having sold anything on eBay yourself you probably do not understand that new sellers often have issues with their first transactions, usually because of PayPal's payment hold on all new sellers first payments and having Best Offer forced on them, even if they do not want to accept offers.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

The seller should not have listed an item that she did not have in her possession.  However, if she doesn't have it, you're not going to get it.  She can still list items for sale on eBay, but it will be harder to sell with a negative rating.  

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Ebay's customer services secretly remove negative feedbacks.Even if you call them to report they tell you I have taken your report and then throw it to rubbish.Ebay is not a safe place to buy.They are mocking and stealing our money and get out with it.If you are located in US it is easier for you to report to authorities their behaviour and of course ebay too .This will help others too who have been victimized by ebay mafia

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Hello

A Negative Feedback seller can still sell items on Ebay though really and truly she should of had the item on her or in possession when also making the listing.

About all you can do now is open a case with Paypal for money back or do a charge back via your bank.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

LOL nooo the better question would have been If the seller didnt have access to the hat why was the seller listing it for sale to begin with?? There is a lot of scamming going on with ebay that is no secret and the stories I could tell from buying and selling on ebay 13 yrs would take a yr alone to tell. Way too much bad going on with ebay. Sellers should be well truthful and honest, doesnt happen very often and buyers should know well how to buy!! I cant count the times a seller broke contract and nothing was done unless you are a new seller with low f/back then ebay most likely will hurt you for a neg while a seller with a 1000 plus listings can get 20-30 negs a day and they will never be hurt by ebay b/c the star rating and f/back system is no where near FAIR.. It only helps the ones that pay a ton in fees meaning they have a ton of listings and get a ton of f/back making their score look good but truthfully they are not good sellers.... And someone new with only 4 or 5 f/back gets a neg their score drops a ton and yes ebay then will punish them even if it was just one honest mistake again b/c of that unjust unfair f/back and star rating system they use... Good luck everyone and play safe...
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Sounds to me like you're a vindictive Richard Noggin who wants a pound of flesh, and your feedback left for others confirms it.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

If your seller does not have access to the visor, what would you have them do?

Then how did they take the picture? And on a side note, why would you pay for a hat to go around wearing an advertisement for a fast food joint?

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Oh really? Please tell me how you came to think that. No, I just want what I paid for.  So I am supposed to just let things slide and not warn others about what happened so it can happen to them.  And let the seller keep my money. That's really brilliant! Let's nominate you for eBay CEO! Also, I do sell on another ID and a few others in the past. This isn't my selling ID. I have been on ebay since August 2001 and know how things should be here. I don't think a lot of these replies were very helpful or even insightful. I am the one being called out when I didn't even do anything. ebay staff also does not secretly remove negative feedbacks for no good reason.

And why does it matter why I wanted a Jimmy Johns visor? That really isn't the main focus here and I'm not even going to answer that as it is none of your business.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

“Then how did they take the picture?”

never been through a divorce eh?   The seller had access when the pic was took when the listing was done.  Now doesn’t.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I filed a complaint with ebay and they told me to contact paypal to try and get my money back. 

Why wouldn't ebay suggest you file an Item Not Received case after the last estimated delivery has passed?  If seller doesn't have the item to ship, all she can do is to refund you in full.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Feedback is the subjective opinion of the buyer and as such is little, if any, value as a guide to whether or not one should wish to do business with the particular seller.

Since we are not privy to the wording of the messages sent by you to the seller, it is not possible to determine if the seller was justified in ignoring your questions or not.  Since eBay does not require sellers to respond to buyer's questions, it may simply be a case of a seller that never answers questions, in which case, it is always wise to move on to a seller that is willing to answer you if you want answers to your questions.  However, it appears that the seller did finally respond.

Can a seller that has received negative feedback continue to sell on eBay?  The answer is yes.  Whether or not others will buy from that seller depends upon how the other buyers value the opinion of the one leaving the negative.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

“Then how did they take the picture?”

never been through a divorce eh?   The seller had access when the pic was took when the listing was done.  Now doesn’t.  

@spendin-n-y2k,

myangel's reply makes a lot of sense. The other day when I looked at the seller's profile, I also did an Advanced search of their completed items to see if they had sold any items previously but hadn't received feedback for them.  The visor was revised on Dec, 26th and again on Jan. 3rd so it may have been originally listed well before that and before the break up happened. Separations/Divorces can really turn ones life inside out. 

Because this was a new seller, it's entirely possible they did not know how to end the listing, or forgot about it with all of the turmoil.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 14 of 14
latest reply