cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller out of control messages

Won an auction not two minutes later the seller is demanding payment .I'm at work and this guy has sent 10 messages in like 3 hours.All messages are weird and kinda threatening.Im a little skeptical about getting item after payment now.sounds like maybe on drugs or something.just gives me the heebie jeebies

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

A buyer gets 48 hours to make payment.

The seller can then file an Unpaid Item Dispute.

The buyer gets 96 more hours to send payment.

The seller can escalate and the buyer gets an UPI strike.

You won the auction and are obligated to pay.

The seller's excessive messaging does not change that.

You need not be skeptical about receiving the item because you can file an Item-Not-Received case after the package is late.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Has your seller been receiving good buyer feedback & ratings?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@alimed_29 

At this point, I would just message the seller and explain to them that you are at work and as soon as you get off work you will send payment. You should pay for the item within 48 hours. You can also check their feedback to see what other buyers are rating them. 

As for worrying about the seller not shipping to you, once you pay you will get an estimated arrival date, if item doesn't arrive by then, you can file an item not received case. Try to work with the seller as much as possible. 

I would keep all  the sellers messages, in case they continue to send you questionable/harassing emails. You can use thise info if you have to contact eBay. 

Sending harassing messages is prohibited as stated in their policy.

Here is the link to reporting a seller:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022&st=3&pos=1&que...

If you get to a point in which you feel like you have to contact eBay, here is how you can do that. 

You can send an email message to eBay. Email is hit and miss due to COVID-19.

Here is the link: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/contacting-ebay-customer-service/contacting-ebay-customer-service?... 

The email option is at the bottom of the link. 

Or you can reach out to customer service using social media: 

eBay on Facebook

eBay on Twitter 

Social media worked for me. Got an answer and resolution to my issue fairly quickly.  The CSR ended up calling me. It wouldn't hurt to leave a contact number.   

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

its been happening alot with people not paying is why hes messaging you YCRS3XY.jpg

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

There are times when some sellers can be a bit annoying when they pester you with emails immediately after an auction ends.  Moreover, it sounds like your seller needed his money in a hurry.  Was this a "Buy it Now " auction which requires immediate payment?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply