cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller cheated

The seller sold the goods, which I had to pay, without waiting for my payment. I still had a deadline for payment, but he put this product on a re-sale and sold it. Moreover, judging by the status of the new lot, he sold it around the system. I did not find in the system how to complain about the seller. The system is designed so that the problem is difficult for the buyer to solve. How to punish the seller?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Seller cheated

@6_14300,

Without knowing more we can't give you a good answer. 

You mentioned a deadline to pay, was that the sellers deadline or had a dispute been opened

How long after the sale did they relist the item?  

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

After confirmation by the seller of my bid, 2 days have passed. I wanted to pay, but PayPal required additional information from me about my personal data. I wrote to the seller about this, that as soon as PayPal verifies my data, I will pay. He opened the argument. A day later, when I wanted to pay, it turned out that he had sold this product to another, creating another lot. In that lot, it is indicated that the auction is over, i.e. not sold, but it is finished, and this can only mean that he agreed with someone to sell through Ebay, but bypassing the system. Now this lot is listed in my basket as unpaid. I wrote to the seller, so that he canceled the order and dispute, so that Ebay would not make me an entry for an unpaid product. He ignores.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

you didn't give enough information...

was this an auction that ended with you as the high bidder, a BIN, did you use the "add to cart" button?

if it wasn't an auction that ended with you as the high bidder, you didn't commit to purchase the item because you didn't pay... someone came behind you, clicked, and paid...

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

So, you couldn't pay, the seller opened an unpaid item case and sold it to someone else?
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@6_14300 wrote:

After confirmation by the seller of my bid, 2 days have passed. I wanted to pay, but PayPal required additional information from me about my personal data. I wrote to the seller about this, that as soon as PayPal verifies my data, I will pay. He opened the argument. A day later, when I wanted to pay, it turned out that he had sold this product to another, creating another lot. In that lot, it is indicated that the auction is over, i.e. not sold, but it is finished, and this can only mean that he agreed with someone to sell through Ebay, but bypassing the system. Now this lot is listed in my basket as unpaid. I wrote to the seller, so that he canceled the order and dispute, so that Ebay would not make me an entry for an unpaid product. He ignores.

By "He opened the argument." do you mean that he opened a UID?  If so, he would not have been able to close it for 96 hours so he shouldn't have re-listed it at that time.

I'm not sure what you mean by "...but bypassing the system."  If you mean he sold it off eBay, there is a good chance that eBay will punish him for that.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

You don't say how long you expected the seller to wait for his payment, but Ebay and sellers prefer payment immediately or at the very least within 48 hrs.  It seems your seller didn't want to wait for you pay, so he sold the item instead.

I see that you had payment issues with Paypal~that's not your fault~sorry this happened to you.  It may be that your seller has had buyers tell him that before.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

"How to punish the seller?"
Open a case. Leave negative feedback.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

More than likely it was an Unpaid item case.  Seller waited and closed the case.  If this is the case, you as a buyer are done.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@mikeystoyz wrote:

More than likely it was an Unpaid item case.  Seller waited and closed the case.  If this is the case, you as a buyer are done.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Without having all the information we can't really answer you.

Did you actually BUY the item? Or did you only have a pending offer or were only watching it?

If you purchased something & didn't pay in a timely manner that's your own fault.   You can't even blame PayPal because you could have paid as a guest.  Were you given an unpaid item strike?  I doubt they would open a case then cancel it

And if you can't find the item relisted how do you know they sold it?  Did they tell you or are you just assuming?  Maybe they list on other sites, that's not against ebay policy.  So they could have sold it elsehere but this doesn't seem like a fact based on the information you provided

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@yik887 wrote:
"How to punish the seller?"
Open a case. Leave negative feedback.

@yik887 

No payment = no transaction

No transaction = No feedback & No "case"

What type of case would you open anyway? Not received? Not As Described?

No payment, no shipment, no INR

No payment, no shipment, nothing to return as INAD.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 12 of 12
latest reply