cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller blocked me for asking questions they encouraged?

I was interesting in a television repair part from DFW TV and  more.

They said in the body to ask any questions prior to ordering as they do not accept returns.

So I sent:

(actual part information deleted)

I want to be certain of my purchase.
Question one, the kits appear identical, is there a difference in manufacture date?
Question two, If not what is the difference in the two kits in quality?
Question three, I assume these kits are tested by qualified testing personnel and passed their tests, am I correct?

My Information:

My TV is an LG 65NANO90UNA S/N MEZ68742502(REV 01) MANUFACTURED ON 02/2021

The S/N would appear to support the t-con card of both as being Rev. 01. And the model numbers match.

Do you feel we have enough information here to finalize a purchase of one or the other. I will definitely take the newer/or better condition one if there is no other difference in the kits.

Can I provide any additional information to be certain of my purchase?
I see you have a 99.3% satisfaction rating. So I am looking forward to the answers to these questions.

Just want to be certain.
Thank you very much.

I went to purchase it today even though they had not responded and I find I am blocked from purchasing from this seller.

I have never used Ebay before and even set up a line of credit with paypal specifically for this product as it is literally the only one listed anywhere.

Did I break some unprinted rule? The seller did say to contact them and ask before purchase.

I did forget to add the version (BUSFLJR)

What can I do to fix this?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Find a new seller.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

There is nothing that can be done. Sellers reserve the right to 'block' anyone for any reason (or no reason). 

All that questioning made my head explode, maybe did the same to the seller (you said 'this listing is identical' but you did NOT state 'Identical to what???)  or

Seller didn't know the answer- they just SELL stuff and

With all that 'questioning'....looks like you are a perfect candidate to open a 'not as described' return to force a return, or leave 'very wordy negative feedback'

Sometimes you just need to 'look closely' and use 'google' to figure stuff out. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

No, you haven't broken a 'rule'.  Sellers can block buyers for any reason or no reason at all.  That's one of the few protections sellers have left on this site.  The seller might have felt that this would be a problem transaction down the road based on their perception of the questions you asked.... in short their is nothing to be done.  When a seller blocks you, any messaging by you may well be blocked also, depending on seller's preference. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Sellers no longer have a "preference" option to block/not block communication. By eBay policy communication is now "blocked" when the "ID" is blocked. Does not matter if the seller checks the little "block communication" square or not. Any message sent by the potential buyer goes into cyberspace. Potential buyer is not told that communication is blocked. That eBay policy applies even if there has been a recent transaction.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hi @pslytel54 

I’m assuming this was an expensive item.  I can think of a few reasons why you may have been blocked.

1.  You have zero feedback … as do most scammers.

2.  You mentioned the seller’s feedback rating … which many sellers feel is a threat.

3.  Your questions made them nervous that you might cause trouble down the line.

You did absolutely nothing wrong … but sellers often prefer to protect themselves more than make a sale.

I’m very sorry this happened.  I recommend purchasing some inexpensive items so that you can receive AND leave glowing feedback before attempting to buy expensive items.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Good to know.👍

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thank you.

Do they consider a  $200 kit expensive? Compared to new parts at nearly $550 I'm shocked.

That just seems weird to me. I only need the one item, fortunately I found it with another seller who immediately answered my Saturday inquiry with a nearly exact email, excluding the price comparison as they only have one kit. I've never used Ebay before and it's unlikely I will in the future unless I again need such a kit.

I appreciate your insight to the bizarre workings of this site, you would think a seller would be proud of such a rating as that was part of the reason I was looking at their kit in the first place.

Their loss.

Live and learn, again thank you.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

They are a TV repair shop and specifically requested such questions to insure the part is correct as they don't do returns. I assumed I was replying to a professional shop, as these are the questions even a low level tech could answer.

Fortunately I found another repair kit and the seller responded immediately to similar questions within an hour on a Saturday no less.

Their loss.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thank you.

It just seems strange when a TV repair shop says ask questions to be certain you want this part as they don't do returns and then block you for asking questions.

Their loss, another seller answered basically the same questions except the comparison as they only have one kit.

They answered within an hour on a Saturday no less.

My first experience with Ebay, and now hopefully my last.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Seller saw that "feedback 99.3 % satisfaction rating"...A lot of questions. Sellers can block a buyer with questions or too many questions and that "feedback rating".

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Some sellers live by the mantra "the time to ask questions is before you buy," but then freak out if you actually  dare to ask questions. Find a better seller. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply