cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller blocked me for asking for cheaper shipping by USPS Parcel Select Ground shipping

Message 1 of 74
latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Re: Seller blocked me for asking for cheaper shipping by USPS Parcel Select Ground shipping

@randall.nova wrote:

In Canada , where you actually live, you do not have the same Constitutional Rights as I have in the United States as a United States Citizen.

Yet, I seem to know more, and understand better said constitutional rights.

And I guarantee they don’t protect postings on eBay’s discussion boards.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 61 of 74
latest reply

Re: Seller blocked me for asking for cheaper shipping by USPS Parcel Select Ground shipping

That includes your posting.

Message 62 of 74
latest reply

Then why does ebay send me a message after I ask a question that the seller will respond to me no later than 48 hours from that time?

Message 63 of 74
latest reply

I can just not buy from them ever again.

Message 64 of 74
latest reply

You obviously do not understand the legal system in the United States in which lawsuits are filed for banning reasons all the time.

Message 65 of 74
latest reply

Lawsuits can be filed for any reason in the United States.

Message 66 of 74
latest reply

@randall.nova wrote:

Selling online or in brick and mortar stores always has the risk of returns for broken or defective items.  A seller who does not have the patience to answer buyer questions should not be in the business of selling.  Ebay actually requires sellers to answer buyer questions.  Asking legitimate questions is not being fussy.

eBay does not require this. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 67 of 74
latest reply

@randall.nova wrote:

There are civil rights violations for banning someone from a restaurant or store which is open for business with the general public which can be reported to state and federal agencies for investigation with serious financial and legal consequences.

Only if it violates one of the protected reasons.  You can refuse service to anyone as long as it doesn't violate one of the discrimination reasons. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 68 of 74
latest reply

@randall.nova wrote:

Lawsuits can be filed for any reason in the United States.

A person can try but they won't win all the time and cases lawyers in which lawyers know the claims are frivilous are supposed to turn down the cases according to ethical rules of conduct. 

Message 69 of 74
latest reply

@randall.nova wrote:

Then why does ebay send me a message after I ask a question that the seller will respond to me no later than 48 hours from that time?

That doesn't mean a seller is required too. It's just a standard of how long one usually takes to answer. 

Message 70 of 74
latest reply

@randall.nova wrote:

The negative feedback I left for that seller had nothing to do with the US Postal Service Parcel Select shipping which, by the way, the seller was offering on most of his items but not mine.  The negative feedback was left because the seller cancelled my sale after I had paid in full by lying to ebay to avoid a seller defect and saying that I cancelled the sale, which I did not cancel.   The seller then relisted the same exact item he cancelled my sale on at a higher price to make more money.  Ebay found out about the seller's actions and punished him.  

Actually in Total it's the same price 10 less for shipping and 10 more for item.  

Message 71 of 74
latest reply

@randall.nova wrote:

You obviously do not understand the legal system in the United States in which lawsuits are filed for banning reasons all the time.

I understand the over litigious state of the current system very well.

You *can* sue eBay if they ban you from posting on the boards but any judge worth its salt would throw that suit out so quick you’d be out, your behind on the court steps, before you realized it.

But this sounds more like a querulant issue.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 72 of 74
latest reply

Sellers are sensitive too..because it affects their bottom line ...

Message 73 of 74
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 74 of 74
latest reply