cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Sold Item I was Bidding On?

There was an item a seller was selling, I told him to hold on selling it until I got paid (2 weeks). He ignored my eMail and continued to relist it every week and it didnt sell every week, so when the auction time got to when I could afford it, I placed a bid.

ive had my bid on this item all week and just now with 1 day left he tells me that he sold it on facebook and he contacted the buyer to see if the buyer will sell it back to him.   he then says if the buyer refuses to return it he will have to cancel the auction.

is there anything i can do in this situation?  this is about the 7th item i've attempted to buy in 4 months that the seller never shipped. something has happened to eBay and it's got more scammers on it now or what

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Seller Sold Item I was Bidding On?

@janet9988 wrote:

With 32 bid retractions on your record It is not surprising that sellers do not wish to complete a sale with you.

@unemployed_husky wrote:

those are because of fraudsters and kids that bid $10 items up to $300+ and then never pay for it which forces the seller to relist the item after 2-3 weeks. this happens on a weekly basis if you ever used eBay. i pay for every item I bid on. so nice try.

How can you blame "fraudsters and kids" for your bid retractions? That's on you! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

I can see in a Auction if there have been Bid retractions but unless it is my Auction the bidders ID is disguised.  Is there a way to look at a persons Users ID and see that they had Bid retractions in their history?

I am just curious how it was determined the OP has 32 bid retractions?

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Oh wow, you have little to no luck on eBay at all, I'd be giving up.  B&M stores are much better suited to buyer's such as yourself. 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@stephenmorgan wrote:

.... I am just curious how it was determined the OP has 32 bid retractions?

Go to the feedback profile of the seller he left his most recent neg for; you'll see the item link and in the bid history of that item you can see the (camouflaged, 3969-feedback) bidder's retraction history:

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/ViewBidderProfile?&mode=1&item=266364584510&bidtid=3020946351016&_trksid=p...

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Wouldn't that be "charge the SELLER the fees . . ."?

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

I am just curious how it was determined the OP has 32 bid retractions?

@stephenmorgan 

If you go to the feedback page, select "received as a buyer".  It shows the retraction number under that line over on the right.  That is on a computer.  It may be different if you use an app. 

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Ah, I forgot about that option! So much simpler than digging through feedback histories and listings.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Yes, that is correct. The seller may be charged the fees, not the buyer. Good catch, thank you.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply