cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting a seller

Is there no online matter of reporting a seller for violating policies? The only options I see are calling in to eBay. I will do that if necessary, but just wondering if I'm hitting a dead end in the Help section and there's another route.

Seller canceled the order of an auction I won (prior to payment, thankfully) and then re-listed the same item for twice the amount.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Reporting a seller

@bigfoot9999   About the only thing you can do is call eBay and advise them that the Seller cancelled without you requesting it ... it may result in a strike on the Seller's account ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Contact ebay customer support to report that this seller 

intentionally caused you to experience an unhappy ebay buying

experience, that apparently this seller sees compliance with ebay policies as merely suggested model behavior, lacking sufficient penalties to be a effective deterance.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

In my opinion! With all the gender confusion going on o the net and 80-90% of out paper money has cocaine on it. You not going to get the best agents for your issue at the lower level thinkers if you have a problem.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If the seller cancelled for "Out of Stock" then that is their right. eBay can't prove their stock one way or another. However, "Out of Stock" cancellations result in a bad buying experience. For that reason, eBay does record a defect against a seller if they cancel for these too often. It has to be less than 1% of their transactions. So it's a very small margin. 

If the seller cancelled for "Address Issue" or "Buyer Requested" then they are trying to get around the system. I would contact eBay if that is the case and escalate it to a supervisor and ask them to manually record a defect against the seller or at least notate the sellers account. eBay has been working to track cancellations better so this type of situation should be reduced next year hopefully. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Ebay  cares nothing about us, the buyers.  They go out of their way to make sure we can't report fraudulent sellers. They don't care,  they are laughing all the way to the bank. 18 years using ebay, this will be my last. I sort by "us only" and scammer say packages are "located" in the states.  Then you let scam sellers "mark as shipped" to get their money, but the package is never"accepted" by the shipper until it arrives from over seas days later.  

Explain this away, I know you will BUT YOU HAVE LET SCAMMERS RUN RAMPANT!!!!!! Please fix this. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply