cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received lower price offer from seller on item I don't want!

Does anyone know why in the world ebay is allowing sellers to send offers to buyers who aren't even watching an item! This is really annoying! If I'm interested in actually purchasing an item, I add it to my watch list or buy it. It's simply ridiculous and invasive for ebay to give sellers the option of sending a price notification to someone who is simply browsing and looked at an item! If I can't even LOOK at items here without this happening, then I'll stop looking. There's no way to opt out of this spying, as if I do, I'm opted out of offers on items I'm watching and may want.  If a seller is willing to accept a lower price they should have best offer or simply lower the price and not bother those who aren't interested. Nice way for ebay to chase away buyers, as I'm sure others feel the same way!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Received lower price offer from seller on item I don't want!

There's no way to opt out of this spying, as if I do, I'm opted out of offers on items I'm watching and may want.

You will have to decide which is more important to you: receiving offers for items you do want, or avoiding offers for items you looked at but do not want.

Or you can do your browsing while not signed in to your eBay account.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

If you click it, you were interested. 

You are 'on their site' so it's not spying. 

To be annoyed about an offer is a bit over the top. Ignore. Delete. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Those sellers have no idea who you are. They are not shown that info. Yes I have received those also shortly after browsing at an item. I just ignore them if I am not interested.

Buyers also message sellers all the time with offers even though they don't have best offer on their listings. I also just ignore those if I am not interested.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

You can easily stop receiving these offers if they annoy you. Go to Account>Communication preferences>Buying activity and uncheck Offers to buyers.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I get the same from Wal Mart, Lowes, Menard's, Auto Zone, Best Buy, Kroger, and countless others, it's one of the latest advertising tactics to entice people to buy.

It's not all bad, they might make me an offer I can't refuse, I'm waiting for an auto dealer to do the same.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

There's no way to opt out of this spying, as if I do, I'm opted out of offers on items I'm watching and may want.

You will have to decide which is more important to you: receiving offers for items you do want, or avoiding offers for items you looked at but do not want.

Or you can do your browsing while not signed in to your eBay account.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Wrong, clicking on an item doesn't mean one is interested in purchasing it! People view items here for a variety of reasons.  They shouldn't be solicited to purchase beyond making that view. 

You have no right to tell someone what they should and shouldn't be annoyed about. People need to respect the feelings of others. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

That's a good idea. I'll have to sign out to browse and sign in when I find something I actually want to purchase. It's a shame ebay has come to this. This is why I prefer Amazon, I never receive any solicitation there simply cuz I clicked on an item. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I did this and I still get multiple offers every day.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

You think you are a a smartass? You are dumb as a doornail. I'm literally browsing through 1000's listings a day. So EVERY morning I'm inundated with 10's and somedays 100's of unsolicited offers for items I browsed through. So unless you have anything else USEFUL to add, put a sock in it and don't bother with your brainfarts.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Amrn to that. An the ones who support inundating buyers with unsolicited offers, are the desperate seller who are trying to sell overpriced dang on their packed stores with no no takers. I lost count on how many times I got "very special offer": we raised the original price by $20.00 , but here is your opportunity to buy it for  $5.00 off. They apparently thing every buyer is a doornail??? My 2 cents.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply