cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid but seller not responding or shipping

Hi, 

New to Ebay. Bought an Apple Watch the other day, paid for it with my credit card but the seller isn’t responding to my E-mails nor is he shipping the item. 

Any help or suggestions ?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Paid but seller not responding or shipping

Right! I was just pointing out that some listings do mention the handling time, like mine did. It would be senseless to bother a seller with "Where's my item?" when the handling time is stated and you are not even near the estimated arrival date.

-C

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@gerilauren wrote:Now I have no alternative but to waste my time and effort tracking this creep. Not only am I considering legal action, but refraining from using Ebay again.. Reminder....without us buyers.....you guys got zilch....Ithink better treatment of the buyers is in order.

He did not steal your money you will get refunded as ebay provides buyer protection.You do not have to chase the seller the case does that.What better treatment do you expect than protection from loss should seller not follow thru?ebay can not compel any user to follow thru,.

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 17 of 27
latest reply

"In the mean time stop bombing seller with emails".

Hm, no! They should be bombed with emails if they don't show the courtesy to send email notification that item was shipped. 

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@jandjram wrote:

"In the mean time stop bombing seller with emails".

Hm, no! They should be bombed with emails if they don't show the courtesy to send email notification that item was shipped. 

Considering the sellers handling tine hasn't passes and not even one business day had passed when the op posted this yes they should stop emailing.  Even if they don't do it for thr seller they should do it for themsleves.  They keep emailing like that and they could make the seller feel uncomfortable about the transaction and then the seller might not follow through 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@68barbie wrote:

Right! I was just pointing out that some listings do mention the handling time, like mine did. It would be senseless to bother a seller with "Where's my item?" when the handling time is stated and you are not even near the estimated arrival date.

-C

I think the handling time is shown when the seller has selected 4 days or more as their handling time. I've seen it shown up in the top section (not in the description part) but it is in very tiny font and I've got my monitor set to 120%.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Yes I know...really hurting experience.I paid my shirt 10 days ago and it is not sent,not shipped yet.I sent a lot messages to seller but no respond. Feel bad
Message 21 of 27
latest reply

This thread is almost a year old. The original poster is not here any more.

m.san5 - you need to wait until the last estimated delivery sate, then one day later you can open an Item Not Received case in the Resolution Center.  Follow the directions, and in a few more days you will get a refund.

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@gerilauren wrote:

The auction I won indicated that I would receive the item on Mon, Apr 30th. I paid for the item immediately by credit card. Several days later there was no indication that the item had been shipped and no tracking number was listed. So, I emailed the seller and asked "when did he/she think the item would be shipped". No response. Waited a few more days....still no notice that the item had been shipped and no tracking number was listed.

I contacted Ebay...they have "opened a case" and the seller has 3 business days to respond.

This is the third time I've gotten the screws from a seller in the last 18 months. Pretty lousy odds..eh? I am sure most of the sellers are honorable folks, but you do have a few rotten apples among you. I am really very angry...through the course of this so-called "auction"....I faithfully kept checking on the item day after day. FINALLY, I won....and now this SOB doesn't honor the deal and steals my money.  Now I have no alternative but to waste my time and effort tracking this creep. Not only am I considering legal action, but refraining from using Ebay again.. Reminder....without us buyers.....you guys got zilch....Ithink better treatment of the buyers is in order.

You can, of course, file suit against a seller for breach of contract if it was an auction and you have completed your part of the transaction.  This, however, isn't usually economically feasible in most cases.  You would probably be better advised to file an INR dispute.

I'm curious as to the other cases in connection with you claim to be screwed in the last 18 months.  Did you file INR disputes in those cases?  If so, what were the results?  If the sellers in those cases could show delivery of the items, could it be that you are the victim of porch pirates?  If so, you might want to notify your local law enforcement agency.  Of course, it is also wise to look into the reputation of any sellers that you are contemplating buying from.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 23 of 27
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2018

The problem with zombie threads is that the information in them may be out of date or inaccurate.

If you have a similar problem it is better to start your own thread.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

I have to say that these responses that act as though sellers should be treated with kid gloves are ridiculous.  This is an online marketplace, open 24/7. If a seller doesn't work on weekends, then don't post items that end on the weekend.  If you'reg to take my money on the weekend, then you should be expected to at least show a modicum of customer service acumen by replying to an email inquiry, even if only to say that you'll ship the item on Monday, or follow up with the buyer on Monday. 

If you're too busy, then post fewer items or get help. It's ludacris to expect a buyer/seller dynamic in which the person paying is supposed to worry more about bothering the seller by sending an email. That's part of doing business, and if you don't like it, then that's your fault, not the customer's.

would almost  guarantee that the people posting this nonsense about not bothering the seller are simply sellers who are trying to justify their distaste for that part of doing business by making it seem that sellers are victims or unduly burdened, thus requiring concessions from buyers in order to cajole them into even the most fundamental of customer service tasks... responding to customer questions. 

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

I couldn't agree more, sellers should be in immediate contact and respond to give assurance. An email respond takes 1 min and if you too "busy" or "dont work over weekends" then don't auction an item before the weekend. It's just respectful business ethic. 

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 27 of 27
latest reply