cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYING WITH ESCROW.COM

Do NOT use them. I agreed to buy a motor home and was directed to pay with Escrow .com. My bank account was debited for over $14000.00. They would neither pay the seller or refund my money as they agreed to. They appear to be a scam. Ebay has been of no help at all. The seller  has been very coopertive and is as unhappy with ebay as I am. I will be closing my ebay account with 100 percent rating for over 20 years. I think the seller is considering the same. He is also rated at 100 percent.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

PAYING WITH ESCROW.COM

Had not heard of paying for anything on eBay with Escrow.com though I am unfamiliar with how eBay Motors operates.

Did you happen to originally find this motor home on Facebook market place or Craig's list or thru some other add outside of eBay?   I hope not.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

PAYING WITH ESCROW.COM

I have used escrow.com many times over the years (for far more than 14K)

there is nothing shady about them.......what is the problem with your transaction?

Your message has confusing directives. "pay the seller" or "refund my money"...?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

PAYING WITH ESCROW.COM

@mh4343,

Did you go to Escrow.com's site to find out what their procedures are?  If not the link below may help. There is contact information in the link you can use to get issues resolved.  You probably want to have the ebay information handy when you contact them. 

https://pages.ebay.com/motors/escrow/index.html

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

PAYING WITH ESCROW.COM

@lakefor94,

It can be fairly easy to get info about 3rd party ebay partners, by doing simple online searches. In this case "How does escrow.com work with ebay?"  The first result in a google search returned the link I posted to the OP.  

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply