cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay seller sold me a certain T-shirt for $300 and sent me something completely different.

Hi I have a pressing issue taking place right now, I ordered a t-shirt worth $300 off of a seller on eBay, when I opened this package I was met with a completely different shirt than what I ordered. I held onto a little hope and thought maybe the seller mixed my order with someone else. I then contacted the seller and after waiting a whole day for a response I was met with this response from the seller "I have a video of me packaging the shirt and dropping it off at post office. Unable to upload a video so I just took screenshots. I did fix the tape on it before shipping it. I did not send a billabong shirt I sent the shirt that was sold to the buyer. The buyer is trying to scam me and commit fraud and get a free $300 shirt. I had sent the red XL archaic shirt that the buyer bought from me. The buyer is a scammer." I've never experienced a scummy seller like this on eBay before, I then told the seller this is not true and that I have genuine proof of me getting scammed. I have a video of me opening the package were I state what I should receive and the date I'm opening it, It's clear I got scammed in the video. eBay is supposed to step in tomorrow but I've seen some people mention that they didn't get the "Get eBay to step in" option sometimes. I'm just worried what will happen here and any assistance with what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys!

P.S. The seller has still not show proof of this said video he has or screen shots he took, and hasn't kept contact in 3 days to defend his supposed case.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ebay seller sold me a certain T-shirt for $300 and sent me something completely different.

Hi @hiphop08 

The link to 'Ask eBay to step in' will appear in your open request on the 4th business day after you opened the return request.  Once you bring eBay into the case ... the refund will likely occur quickly.  

I'm really sorry this is happening.  The seller may have made an honest mistake when shipping the item ... but they are handling the situation horribly.

I doubt that you'll run into any difficulty getting refunded ... but come back here if you do, and we'll tell you what options you have.  [I assume the seller will be furious when they discover that eBay usually refunds buyers without asking them to return the item when the seller is recalcitrant.]

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sorry, videos prove nothing.  Did you open a return request for "Not As Described"? 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hi @hiphop08 

The link to 'Ask eBay to step in' will appear in your open request on the 4th business day after you opened the return request.  Once you bring eBay into the case ... the refund will likely occur quickly.  

I'm really sorry this is happening.  The seller may have made an honest mistake when shipping the item ... but they are handling the situation horribly.

I doubt that you'll run into any difficulty getting refunded ... but come back here if you do, and we'll tell you what options you have.  [I assume the seller will be furious when they discover that eBay usually refunds buyers without asking them to return the item when the seller is recalcitrant.]

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes I did open one, eBay steps in tomorrow 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for your reply to my message, It makes me feel more confident. If it doesn't go as I need it to I will return. Thanks again my friend

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@hiphop08 

You're very welcome.  😊

I wanted to make sure you know that you have to ask eBay to step in.  eBay won't do that until 'invited' through the return request.

EDITED TO ADD:  Forgot to mention that videos are a waste of time.  They can be doctored ... so will not be accepted as evidence.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hey again @house*of*paws 

So I woke up this morning to the case being already opened by the seller, saying the same stuff about him having videos of him packaging it and that I'm a liar, it's just upsetting me this guy wants to still insists I'm trying to scam. So since he opened it, they said they will get back with a final decision in 48 hours, are they gonna reach out to me for my side of the story, are they just gonna listen to his because he opened the case first? I don't see an option for me to say anything, hope I'm not screwed because this guy is still insisting I'm a liar, I hope ebay makes the right choice here.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@hiphop08 

Just continue to tell the unembellished facts … that you received a different shirt than the one in the listing photos.

DO NOT say you were scammed, because the seller could have made an honest mistake originally … and truly believe what he’s saying now.  Just state what you know for sure:  You received a different shirt than shown in the photos.  You should be fine.  [Please come back and tell us the results.]  🙂

Message 8 of 8
latest reply