cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our beloved icons removed from the summary page too 😞

@eburtonlab 

I just noticed that our little cheat to see our icons on our purchase history page (through the summary page) is now missing as well.

So bummed...

How are we supposed to know whether we got feedback or not?

I'm just trying to get to my green star 😂

It was on the summary page yesterday...

🥺

So sad

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Our beloved icons removed from the summary page too 😞

I see (or should say no longer see) the feedback, paid and received icons either.

You can see them if you jot down their username then go to your feedback page, enter their username and see if it comes up as received.  That's effort is not worth the trouble.  Sooooooo......I stopped leaving feedback altogether.   I would not be surprised if they removed feedback altogether.....leaving a buyer to roll the dice everytime the buy something.  Too bad....was a nice easy to use option for peace of mind.....but no longer.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@gosimus wrote:

@hurryagain 

< it HAS to be that eBay is trying to move away from feedback >    

Not necessarily.  Don't assume that any change made to eBay was made deliberately.  It shouldn't come as a surprise when revisions to a code as complex as eBay's result in unintended consequences. 

... time will tell...

Our icons left on the selling end so I won't be surprised if they do not bring them back here either.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I don't think that Amazon uses icons either...

...then again I don't like Amazon's format and their search engine is even worse.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

All these changes like removing the tracking info on your purchases in your ebay summary are completely idiotic, thereby one can assume it's a deliberate ploy to make you click more pages within ebay itself..... and why would they want that you may ask??....

Advertising! More adverts rolling....

Though it may be lost on them that most of us use adblockers and ip blocking, so we don't see any anyway!

We just get punished with loss of features and more page clicks...

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

So, it was made more of a pain in the ass for people that buy only to check the status of shipment and feedback now? Their site is a lot easier to navigate and use than their terrible app, but they remove useful features ?

I really don't understand ebay these days. I'm glad I don't sell on here anymore.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

The summary/history pages have changed over the years, but there has been some kind of per-transaction shorthand denoting feedback left and given for many years, perhaps even in the 90's, even if this was not always done with icons on the Summary page. These icons were extremely useful, yet consumed almost no page space or network bandwidth. Why remove them?

Today the page is *less* space efficient than ever before as everything is spaced further apart, yet there was some need to remove tiny icons to clean up the page?  That's nonsense.  The name "summary" should mean a summary of each transaction and that certainly includes the status of feedback from each party.  The link at the top to see awaiting feedback does NOT provide the same functionality.

The icons acted as progress indicators that very much supported the purpose of a "summary" page, especially for people that have lots of transactions.  You could scroll down the list and instantly see whether a partner had left feedback for you and whether you had left feedback for them; now that information is gone and you must *remember* which seller or buyer is which when visiting your feedback page to check.  The solution?  Icons on the summary page.  This problem already had an elegant solution, yet eBay threw it out.

We want to know WHY eBay changed this and if they would consider changing it back, not what we can do to work around it.  Change is often necessary, but reducing functionality is not progress.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply