cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On what planet is this considered sealed and unused?

Took advantage of lower prices on eBay and bought some toner cartridges for my laser printer. This is the second one that looks like this. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Seller does not accept returns....hahaha

heckofagame_0-1713893381602.jpeg

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: On what planet is this considered sealed and unused?

@heckofagame   Well, luckily no returns only applies to remorse reasons, as I'm sure u know.

R U going to return them?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I don't know why sellers waste their time and money that way.  I assume they never had a return. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@stuff4divas     Oh yes. The INAD is already in the works. Listing said, "Brand new and has never been taken out of the package." Not quite the most accurate of descriptions. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I see a Not As Described return in your future. Lol

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I don't know if it happened here but I've witnessed this repeatedly - people put all sorts of used 'replaceable' items in the box from the replacement and donate it to Goodwill.  The thrift store tapes the box shut and if you don't look closely, you've been had.  The box has weight and feels right.  Water filters, pools filters, plumbing faucets and printer ink are commonly 'switched'.    If you can buy it for 5 bucks and it sells for 100 chances are you'll just dump it in cart in all your excitement and not even check.  

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

The box was open. There was no reason not to notice that it was not brand new. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Refund issued! All is once again right with the world.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@toysaver 

Excellent advice to resellers! I do look in every box at my thrift when pricing, plumbing is the number one donated item that contains used old parts in the new box.

OP, that's terrible about your sealed toner, this is when buying at the store is necessary. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Item not as described return

Some sellers but not all, have learned an inaccurate description is not always a better policy

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I open everything.  I would rather sell 'new open box' and know exactly what's in there than sell who knows what.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

You received an item that's obviously not as described.  

In that case, his "do not accept returns" statement means nothing.

And someone with your experience knows this.  So is that why you added the "ha ha"?

You have 30 days to open an item not as described case.  But I assume you know that also. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Wouldn't that be more like ". . . an inaccurate description is NEVER a better policy"?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply