cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers for two items

Hey guys how does auto-payment works?Let's say before sleep i make offers on two items but have money on card only for one.First one accepts and it gets extracted,what happens if the second one accepts after it?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Offers for two items

If two items from different sellers both accept your offer, you now have two items.

If ebay really wants to step it up, they will make an option that allows for "if a buyer accepts my offer, cancel other pending offers of same item by other sellers" or allow buyers to cancel any unanswered offers! 

This would be a win win for buyers and sellers. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If there's not enough money on the card to fund both purchases, you have the first item and an unpaid second item. I'm honestly not sure how eBay handles it when a payment source comes back as NSF. My assumption is that you would be expected to enter another payment source or correct the NSF situation. But you aren't going to be let out of the second win because you don't have the money. If you don't pay within four calendar days the seller can cancel for nonpayment, which will give you a nonpayment strike. Two or more of those and you'll find that you're blocked from many listings.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Why would you commit to buy both items when you do not have the money to buy both?

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

A "work around" to thwart "preauthorization" automatic payment on offers???

read a post about doing such recently.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@valim-27 wrote:

i make offers on two items but have money on card only for one.

First one accepts and it gets extracted,

what happens if the second one accepts after it? 

When the seller accepts your offer

- but then your automatic payment method fails

- you'll simply have to pay with other funds, back to normal again. 

@lickapickel wrote:

1. eBay sent me multiple messages telling me that my payment for an offer had failed and to try again. 

2. I called eBay and was told that eBay tried to take the payment from the credit card that I chose to be used for offers and auctions. 

3. The payment that I sent the next day did go through, but that isn't the point here. 

Like that, @valim-27. Then if you continue to have little to no money on the card but keep making offers, you'll just manually pay like it used to be without auto-pay, every time your offer is accepted.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply