Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Every time I bid I win but I end up paying my Maximum bid amount

What the h3ll is wrong with ebay... did they change the system on me without me knowing it?When I bid on an item instead of increasing my bid by $1.00 or whatever over the next highest persons maximum bid, every time I end up paying my absolute maxim...

Resolved! Spam emails

I posted this before and got no answer. How do I stop spam when buying? I have all communications unchecked in my profile. I confirmed this after it was suggested to do it.It happens every time I buy something. I get spam for days to weeks and have t...

Return Fraud - HELP

Someone please help me - new eBay seller in shock. I recently sold a sports card to someone via an auction. He didn’t pay for several days. When contacted said he’d pay that day. He didn’t. He then waited till the last day and paid. I sent the card i...

Bad seller?

Here is my problem, I bought a book seller ships the same night on the 30th of august with no tracking.I message the seller he sends me a tracking on the 2nd of september.his address states tennessee iam in new england the book was mailed from omaha ...

Say what?

Ordered an item on Ebay. Just got this email. Ordered on Ebay, fulfilled by Amazon, UPS lets me know that USPS will deliver my package. All this for a $15 item !

Screenshot 2023-09-03 9.03.02 AM.png

Search results inaccuracy

Has anyone else noticed how inaccurate search results are? One example; a search of Intel Core i3 12100 PC desktop computers yielded results from 53 to 305, depending on the sort criteria. I have noticed this for awhile, but it seems to be getting wo...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay's help policy SUCKS

I have been STUNG again, buying here a week ago asking the seller for a tracking number, no response, then the seller said they would check on it,,,, nothing i went to the EBAY page for help,,,,,, Guess What It tells me Im not covered,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...

Ebay seller from China claims extra shipping costs. Legit?

I bought a machine off ebay and the shipping and tax was calculated. The vendor then told me I would have to pick it up at the dock, as in boat, and that it was going to cost $800 in "clearance costs, port charges and import duties", and that I would...

Dishonest sellers driving me crazy!

I've been using eBay since 1998. I've made literally thousands of purchases. Gas here is $6/gallon, so if I can find something on eBay that I would otherwise have to drive to get, it's a win. But there have been times when it seemed like every eBay s...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay Feedback = worthless

Long story short I had a very bad experience with a seller. I had to file a claim with PayPal (which I won) and left the seller negative feedback. I checked today to see if my feedback was still there and sure enough, it was gone and the seller was b...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Auction Ending Time

I'm a sniper. I decide how much an item is worth to me and wait until the last second to enter my bid> if the item is above that amount I just don't bid. I enter the bid so close to the end that I don't have time to reenter another bid. I want to avo...

Condition Drop down constantly resetting to "Any Condition"

While viewing search results after setting the Condition drop down to "Used" it constantly sets it self to "Any Condition". This quite annoying! What is the point of having an user settable dropdown if the system keeps setting it to what it wants? Th...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

EBay account blocked

My eBay account was blocked because we recently moved and my husband turned in his work phone and the credit card company was trying to verify charges and because we didn't get back to them they blocked the charge so eBay put a block on our account I...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors