cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obstinacy

I sent inquiry about an item prior to purchase, a day later I get a response, which was vague

Thinking, “it’s ok, seller has outstanding score.

Package was assigned a label almost immediately, ( which we know can mean nothing)

Due date arrives no tracking shows other than label created, so I tried to contact seller

Seller non responsive even after repeated attempts 

Then get a message stating:

DO NOT BID ON ANY OF MY ITEMS EVER! I WON'T ACCEPT OR SHIP ANYTHING TO YOU. DON'T EVER CALL MY DAUGHTER AGAIN?

Totally perplexed…

(I had tried to call the Store Front number from instagram)

I have had this before so it was a big Red Flag!

Having a outstanding score is not always a good sign, especially with the feed back which, after 7 days, you cannot leave the desired feed back, as the item simply vanished 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Obstinacy

@oldtractorfanatic wrote:

Due date arrives no tracking shows other than label created, so I tried to contact seller

Seller non responsive ...

Having a outstanding score is not always a good sign, ...

good past performance is not a guarantee current good performance.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

There was no reason to keep messaging or calling, just open an Item Not Received case.

A day after the estimated delivery date Ebay gave you, open an Item Not Received case.
Go to your purchase history and click I didn't get it in the menu next to the item.
The seller will have 3 days to provide a tracking number showing it was delivered or refund.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@oldtractorfanatic 

As previously stated by the other responder, it was not necessary to contact the seller at all when the estimated date of delivery had passed.

Read this about what to do when you do not receive the item after the estimated date of delivery has passed:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I merely wanted the item I paid for, not so much my funds returned, which is all eBay or PayPal will accomplish, or has accomplished in the past.

My emphasis is buying based on the feedback, feedback means nothing, especially whenever a seller has a hang up about messaging.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I'm not sure what you mean by the item vanishing after 7 days.  You should be able to leave feedback for 60 days after the transaction.  If you don't see the item on your purchase history, go to your own feedback page and click on leave feedback at the bottom of the page. That transaction should come up.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Seller non responsive ...

Having a outstanding score is not always a good sign, ...

good past performance is not a guarantee current good performance.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I merely wanted the item I paid for, not so much my funds returned, which is all eBay or PayPal will accomplish, or has accomplished in the past.

My emphasis is buying based on the feedback, ...

Good past performance is not a guarantee of good current performance

Message 7 of 7
latest reply