cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification

I purchased an item on June 30 and up to now I haven’t received any notification from the seller, is this normal?. I tried to cancel but it won’t let me. I tried to contact customer service but there’s none. Please help!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Notification

@nelnag-0 wrote:

I purchased an item on June 30 and up to now I haven’t received any notification from the seller, is this normal?. I tried to cancel but it won’t let me. I tried to contact customer service but there’s none. Please help!

7 months later? You're way too late to file any type of claim. 

Ebay's MBG policy is 30 days from the estimated delivery date. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I'm Certianly Not a Mentor on here - However, What sort of Notification were you expecting?
You should have got a Notification that the Item was Shipped.  Did you?

June 30- Feb 2 - is 7 months!  
Now you're trying to figure out what is going on?  That's quite a bit of time to be Passive.

In any event, you may have to seek compensation, through PayPal if that is what you used.
Or your Financial Institution.  
I would suggest you don't Dilly Dally - because there are "Time Limits"

Best of Luck!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

No, it's not normal.  Nor is it normal to wait 7 months before checking the status of a purchased item.

As brightalberta states, you're way outside the realm of ebay's help... even outside of being able to have your credit card company step in (if that's how you paid).  I'm sorry, but there's nothing to be done in terms of help from this site.    

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Sorry, you've waited to long for any help from Ebay, even Pay Pal.

If you paid with a credit card, contact them and see how long their buyer protection is.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@nelnag-0 wrote:

I purchased an item on June 30

Sheesh, you are 180 days past when anyone could help you.

You will never see the item or your money ever again

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@nelnag-0 

As the other posters have said, it's way past the deadlines to do anything about this. If you're going to continue to buy on eBay, you should read up on eBay's Money Back Guarantee to prevent something like this from happening again.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@bearlover69 

You are incorrect, PayPal allows up to 180 days..... thats 6 months. Credit cards allow pretty much the same. 

The OP is out of time for any refund. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

😂I’m sorry! Jan 30

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

There is still potential time to open a credit card dispute. The issuing bank for your credit card can allow one, even after 180 days or more have passed, but it helps to have an explanation for why you have delayed doing so more promptly.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

What kind of "notification" are you expecting from the seller?

You purchased 3 days ago. 

There was an estimated delivery date in the listing when you made your purchase.  Highly doubtful that that date has already passed.  

May I respectfully suggest that you simply sit back and await the arrival of your item.  

If you don't get it by the last EDD, you can open an IR case the day after.

Also would suggest you read the Money Back Guarantee.  

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Check the date of item when it is suppose to be shipped. And then when there is the estimated delivery.

It's only been 2 days. Very normal. Is it suppose to have tracking? I wouldn't bother the seller as well.

You never know what a seller might do getting too many emails from a buyer.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I’m sorry! Jan 30. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@nelnag-0 wrote:

I’m sorry! Jan 30. 

If it's the last seller that left you feedback, they have a 5 day handling time.

If you bought it on 1/30, they have until next Tuesday to get it shipped.

Have a great day
Message 14 of 14
latest reply