cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New bidding format as a buyer

I HATE the new bidding process (as a buyer).  Slow screen changes and lack of "coutdown" clock make buying VERY difficult.  By the time you've confirmed your bid (on the 2nd screen), well there's ANOTHER screen (the 3rd one) saying you've been outbid & sometimes it's too late to bid again and the auction is lost to you.  This new format is infuriating!!  Thoughts please.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: New bidding format as a buyer

@2015-rueh 

I didn't realize there was a change.  

I just bought something 2 days ago and didn't notice any difference...  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@2015-rueh 

If it is an auction, make one bid which is the most you are willing to pay for the item.  Don't get caught up in a bidding war and do something you will regret later.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

What new format?

I still see a countdown clock on the listing page.

There is no need to rebid you you bid your maximum.

If the Ebay pages are running slowly for you, maybe it is your internet connection or computer.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If you bid your max, you won't need to react and make another bid.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@2015-rueh,

"Slow screen changes and lack of "coutdown" clock".

The slow screen changes probably have more to do with either your connection, or your device.  If you use a computer clear out your temporary internet files and cookie cache. If you are using a portable device you may have to do the same thing. or if you are using the App. log in the classic way without using the app.   I haven't bid on an auction in the last couple of months, but there was a countdown clock on the bid confirmation page the last time did bid.

If you get outbid, there is a page telling you to bid again and it has a box in which to place a new bid. However, if you bid the absolute most you are willing to pay for an item, plus a few odd cents, and get outbid, it shouldn't matter, because you were not willing to pay any more.  If you win chances are it will not be for as much as your highest bid.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 6
latest reply