cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to cancel an item that was a preorder and seller won't accept cancellation.

This morning I bought an item that is shipping from Japan. It's a preorder, and the item won't ship or be delivered until mid-August. I found a better price elsewhere and tried to cancel this order but the seller "declined" and will not answer any of my messages about why they declined the cancellation if they don't even have the physical item ready to ship until August. I don't find this fair at all. Yes, I should have looked around more before making the purchase here, my mistake. But I don't see any reason as to why the seller cannot just cancel and refund if they aren't even in possession of the item. Is there anything I can do? I reached out to eBay support and they basically said I have to threaten them with a negative feedback, and that's all. This is a $75 purchase and I'd like my money back.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Need to cancel an item that was a preorder and seller won't accept cancellation.

@ebonifacio94 

If the item isn't due out until August, it's not supposed be listed now,

If the seller can't ship within 30 days, they shouldn't be selling it now.

If they won't cancel the order, not much you can do until after the estimated delivery date.

If you don't receive it by then, file an INR in the Resolution Center Below.

You can report the seller for a pre-sell policy violation.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yikes, mentioning negative feedback was terrible advice!

As noted in the other post, Sellers cannot set a handling time longer than 30 days.  So, after the latest estimated delivery date has passed, you can file an "Item not received" claim.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The seller is not obligated to cancel the transaction at your request.

You needed to do price comparison shopping BEFORE you made the purchase.

Hard to believe that Ebay support said to threaten them with negative feedback. That would be a huge violation of Ebay policy.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I see that you left a Negative for a seller over a year ago who refused to cancel your order, so why are you surprised now that a seller doesn't have to comply with your request? You are playing with fire by leaving Negatives/Neutrals with the same account you use to sell. Others have reported receiving retaliatory Negatives/Neutrals.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Pretty downright rude and inconsiderate to cancel a pre-order just because some crack head is selling it for cheaper. Just means that you don't stick to your word or deals, so you really shouldn't even be shopping on here in the first place. Just close your account and shop on Amazon from now on. Leave the small businesses alone.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply