cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SHIPPING FROM RUSSIA TO THE USA

I support independence for Ukraine, sanctions against Russia, and punishment for Putin's war crimes. I hope the Russian people - who are good people - will be able to replace him and move towards democracy. That said, I have a question: an item on my watch list, from Russia, now says, "no delivery to the US". Is this an eBay policy? The seller's policy? A US national policy? There are eBay sellers in Russia who sell here to make ends meet, just like others do. They are not rich, their income doesn't feed Putin's war machine, and they don't necessarily support Putin. Where did this ban come from? I can certainly live without the watched item, but don't understand the source of the ban. Thanks.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: NO SHIPPING FROM RUSSIA TO THE USA

@lichtpriester,

"no delivery to the US". Is this an eBay policy? The seller's policy? A US national policy?".

I think it is actually because of the banking sanctions. The seller cannot receive their payment and therefore cannot ship.  It is too bad the Russian people have to suffer because of one man's ambitions, and I do hope they can remove him before it's too late for millions.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

@lichtpriester,

"no delivery to the US". Is this an eBay policy? The seller's policy? A US national policy?".

I think it is actually because of the banking sanctions. The seller cannot receive their payment and therefore cannot ship.  It is too bad the Russian people have to suffer because of one man's ambitions, and I do hope they can remove him before it's too late for millions.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Banking sanctions, Mastercard and Visa suspending operations in russia, Paypal put a hold on them, all the major shipping companies have stopped shipping in and out of russia, etc.  How are they supposed to deliver items they sell to USA  buyers and get paid?

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Do you know there are 'good Russians' who swear that Russia HAS NOT invaded, or is at war with UKRAINE?

The news is suppressed. They think it's propaganda on the part of the US spreading lies about Russia. 

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

I've got a long memory and I will never by a thing from Russia in the future. 

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Shipping carriers are not shipping.

Credit card companies are pulling out.

Airlines are not flying.

How would you even expect to pay or get the item with all that going on???

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Thank you, I hadn't even thought of that, it makes sense!

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

No more UPS or Fedex to Russia.

Credit cards and banking down in Russia.

Air planes cannot fly into Russia...so no air mail.

It is a headache for ebay so ebay did block buyers from Russia a day after blocking Ukraine 

without telling anyone. Anyone who has anything on ebay  before or after can no longer do

business with thise countries.

Some of my best buyers were from Russia and Ukraine!

Some sellers don't sell under their country name so this is going to be a big mess.

I have a seller in Albania who mails from Canada.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Yes, I know all about that. It doesn't change the fact that there ARE good people in Russia who deserve better than Putin and want better. They sell on eBay just like most do, to make extra money to help their families. I'm not Russian but I know members of Russian families and have friends in Russia. They aren't Putin fanatics. Someone else said in this thread that the Russian people keep electing him, like sanctions are their fault. Those elections are tipped in his favor. Opposition candidates get threatened or worse. Even those who have protested Putin's invasion recently have been arrested or detained. It's wrong to make blanket statements about any group. I pray that Putin falls, that Ukraine will get justice, and that those in Russia who want democracy and freedom will triumph over those who are fearful and don't.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

Do you know there are 'good Russians' who swear that Russia HAS NOT invaded, or is at war with UKRAINE?

The news is suppressed. They think it's propaganda on the part of the US spreading lies about Russia. 

Really? WOW, I never knew that! LOL! 

Seriously, the "war" started IN 2014, when Ukraine invaded the Donbass.

Russia, did not "invade Ukraine" - in 2022, Russia joined the war on the side of Donbass.

Donbass declared its independence in 2014 after the US, under Obama, engineered a violent overthrow of the legitimately-elected government in Kiev. The first act of the US-installed coup government was to cancel the Russian language (used by half of Ukraine) and cancel the Russian culture. 

Since 2014, Ukraine, supplied with NATO weapons, has been shelling the Donbass, mostly civilian areas, and employing US/NATO-trained snipers to target ethnic Russians in Donbass. Since 2014, 16,000 ethnic Russian s have been killed in the Donbass (but the media stopped counting in 2015).

You don't know any of this, because the US media, as you say, "suppressed" such "news".

The "news" is NOT suppressed in Russia. Both sides are presented.

The news IS suppressed in the USA. One side is censored. 

The Russians don't THINK it's propaganda on the part of the US spreading lies about Russia, they KNOW the US "news" is 100% disinformation and propaganda. 

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

Do you know there are 'good Russians' ...

Is a "good Russian" like a "good black man" or a "good Iranian" ? And here I thought snowflakes were very careful to avoid ethnic/racial stereotypes. Unless such stereotypes apply to white people (Russians) of course. 

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

@nkmipgolf wrote:

I've got a long memory and I will never by a thing from Russia in the future. 

Yes, all Russians are evil people! LOL!

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

@epsilon_publishing,

"The "news" is NOT suppressed in Russia. Both sides are presented.

The news IS suppressed in the USA. One side is censored".

That's why a reported had to risk her life to bring the news of the Russian invasion on TV? If the news is so open why did Putin take over the news outlets. In an open society both sides are able to be presented.

"The Russians don't THINK it's propaganda on the part of the US spreading lies about Russia, they KNOW the US "news" is 100% disinformation and propaganda".

Tell a lie long enough and the people will begin to believe it.

"Since 2014, Ukraine, supplied with NATO weapons".

Funny how the conflict in the Donbass, started at about the same time as Russia "annexed" the Crimea. Immediately supplying the DPR with weapons to feed their insurrection.   In August of 2014 there were over 1,000 Russian Troops in the Eastern Ukraine supporting the Donetsk rebels.  In the same month NATO heads met to discuss the situation, and refused to provide the Ukraine Govt.  with weapons.  Seems you forgot to mention those things.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@epsilon_publishing,

"The "news" is NOT suppressed in Russia. Both sides are presented.

The news IS suppressed in the USA. One side is censored".

That's why a reported had to risk her life to bring the news of the Russian invasion on TV?

Sounds like some CNN reporterette/serial liar 

If the news is so open why did Putin take over the news outlets. In an open society both sides are able to be presented.

LOL! Putin media takeover? Flying saucers sighted over Miami? LMAO! Anyone with a web browser can go to RT (English) or Yandex (and translate) and prove to themselves that Russian media is balanced and presents all sides of an issue. Contrast with Google, Yahoo, CNN, MSNBC, Fox, even Newsmax, now, where "News" is 100% biased,. and the Russian POV is distorted, perverted or censored

The Russians don't THINK it's propaganda on the part of the US spreading lies about Russia, they KNOW the US "news" is 100% disinformation and propaganda".

Tell a lie long enough and the people will begin to believe it.

Yea, demonize Russia for 50 years, and Americans will start to see Russian boogeymen in their closet !

Censor any news about Donbass, and people (Americans) will not know about the hellscape created by the US/NATO/Ukraine coup government, funded with American tax dollars.

"Since 2014, Ukraine, supplied with NATO weapons".

Funny how the conflict in the Donbass, started at about the same time as Russia "annexed" the Crimea.

95% of the Crimeans voted to secede from Ukraine after the coup government banned the Russian language and canceled the Russian culture. Crimea has been Russian since the 1700's when Moscow kicked out the French and British colonizers. Khrushchev, a Ukrainian, made a border change, but Crimea remained Russian, and it always will be Russian. You have never been there, so I can understand your lack of knowledge about this     

Nothing "funny" about NATO/Kiev killing 16,000 ethnic Russians from 2014-2015. The OSCE stopped counting in 2015, although the shelling continued and increased greatly at the start of 2022. Zelensky was emboldened with all his NATO toys, and was ready to conquer Donbass. He is a war criminal and so is NATO ("Invasions-R-Us") 

People have a right of Self-Determination, and the UN agrees - they support the right of a people to declare their independence from a tyrannical regime. 

In August of 2014 there were over 1,000 Russian Troops in the Eastern Ukraine supporting the Donetsk rebels. 

Source? 

In the same month NATO heads met to discuss the situation, and refused to provide the Ukraine Govt.  with weapons.  Seems you forgot to mention those things.

Telling another lie! Naughty, naughty!  Looks like you forgot to mention that NATO/HATO ("Invasions-R-Us") has supplied $10 billion in weapons, warplanes, artillery, tanks, missiles, drones and sniper-training to Ukraine. 

I was in Lugansk (Donbass) in 2012, used to buy French Fries at a kiosk outside the main bus terminal. Ukrainian Air Force bombed that terminal in 2014, along with apartment buildings, churches, businesses, even an orphanage (Youtube videos have all been deleted by Google)  and the kiosk is rubble. 

You are being led around by the nose, by the media. The media has twisted reality inside out.

The "atrocities" are being committed by Azov/Nationalist thugs high on methamphetamine (makes you extremely paranoid and suspicious, and Azov are violent prison inmates, released in exchange for a lighter sentence. They consider Russian as sub-humans.   

Maybe someday you can visit Russia and discover they are real people. too, just like us.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Unfortunately for the Russian people, the actions of their government has resulted in sanctions by many other countries around the world.   

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 15 of 27
latest reply