cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing items with international shipment

What do you do when you purchase from an international seller who screws up an order but can’t understand it? I purchased several Indian print fabrics from a seller in India. After the purchase, I discovered I had accidentally duplicated two of the fabric orders so I cancelled the duplicates— but obviously kept (and paid for) the originals. The order should have had 7 different fabric cuttings. The package arrived but were missing 2 fabrics —even though they show up a ‘delivered.’ The two missing fabrics were the ones duplicated, so apparently he cancelled BOTH  the original and the duplicate orders, yet still charged me for the originals. Contacted him with screenshots of the original order, the cancelled duplicates, the payment for 7 items, the order details showing the full shipment of 7 items, and a picture of the five fabrics I received with 2 missing. He’s claiming I was refunded for the cancelled orders—which I never paid for bc they were cancelled. No record of any refund to me. So basically, he needs to send me the missing two fabrics or refund me about $50.  I’ve sent so many pictures & explained it to him several times, but at this point I think he is deliberately confusing the situation. With the language barriers between us—and even the eBay agent I spoke to— I don’t think I’ll ever get it sorted. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sorry to hear you were shorted on your order.
In order to get a full refund you will need to open a return request to return the fabric you did receive.  
eBays Money Back Guarantee does not allow for replacements only return for refund. 

Go into your purchase history, click the drop down menu it will either say RETURN THIS ITEM or MORE ACTIONS. 

Next Click missing pieces or parts.

You may be required to upload a picture you can also include a message, after that you can click submit to complete return. 

Your seller has 3 days to issue a return label or refund, if by day 4 you don’t receive a return label or refund. You can go back to the case and that’s when you can ask eBay to step in. 

When the seller accepts your return, issues you a label, you have x amount of days to return the item. Once the return has been delivered to the seller, the seller has 3 days to refund. If that doesn't happen on day 4 you can ask eBay to step in for assistance.
Good luck. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Request a return for a full refund. Then return everything you received.

The language barrier and the fact that you screwed it up initially just confused the situation even more.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for your advice. I’m actually afraid to send the fabric back bc I don’t trust this seller. I took a closer look at some of the neg reviews and saw he’s done this before. I can easily see him claiming that I didn’t send him all the material back (bc the delivery receipt shows the missing fabric was delivered) and therefore he won’t refund my money until it’s all returned—which obviously I can’t do. Then I would lose not only my money but  the fabric as well. I think at this point I’m just going to take the $50 loss and leave a negative review for others who pay closer attention than I did. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply