cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller has chosen not to receive messages? What does that mean?

So for some reason I tried sending a seller a message about a product listing they have and when I tried sending my message to the seller a message came up saying  “We're sorry, but this seller has chosen not to receive messages.” What does this mean? Am I blocked for some reason? Whats going on? (screenshot attached).Seller Chosen not to recieve messagesSeller Chosen not to recieve messages

If someone could give me an answer that would be ideal. I tried looking this up in other forms but couldn't find anything. Thanks, Marshall.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It means the seller doesn't want to answer questions so they turned messages off.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It means that the seller has ticked not to receive messages from buyers. Kinda crazy, but it's allowed.

Communications with buyers | eBay

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If you were blocked by the seller you'd get no message, your communication would just quietly pass into the netherworld. A lot of times those who block messages are very high-volume sellers who simply don't have the time or staff to answer hundreds of questions. Often they dropship and wouldn't know the answers anyway. If you feel the answer to your question would be vital information all you can do is find another seller.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply