cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item received is broken

On 3/3/2024, i bought a Waterpik sprayer with toothbrush.   The item was listed as an open-box but non-returnable.  The toothbrush doesn't work, what do I do, accept that I have been had?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Item received is broken

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Return an item for a refund | eBay

krazzykats_0-1711321428829.png

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Of course the person that scammed me listed the item with, "Returns Not Accepted" (which makes sense because he sent me a broken item and clearly has done this before),  o I tried to return it (which he/she  denied) and now the option is, "See Return Details" (he has denied my attempts to return it) and when I select it, it says, "The return is closed".  The seller hasn't returned a single message following the **bleep** one he sent me saying that it worked fine when he sent it.  I have looked and looked online trying to find a way to file a claim with Ebay to no avail.

As a side note, this is the first of two scams I've been suckered into in the last bit.  Coincidently enough, The first one was on Facebook Marketplace.

Thanks!

Richard

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@himynameisrichard 

Ebay's Money Back Guarantee overrides a seller's "No returns" policy.

Did you file the Ebay Money Back Guarantee? If so, what is the specific reason you chose for filing the Return Request?

The first scam was NOT through Ebay, so that is not Ebay's fault that you willingly participated in an off-Ebay scam. Ebay has nothing to do with Facebook Marketplace.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The item did not work.

I know Ebay has nothing to do with FB Marketplace, I'm no dodo. I was just saying that as a casual side note.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

eBay's Money Back Guarantee overrides any seller's "No Returns Accepted" policy.

Open the item not as described case now.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@himynameisrichard,

If all you did was to request a return through ebay messages with the seller, then go to your purchase history click on the More Actions button, select Return this item, and from the drop down list that will open select Item is defective.

That should open a dispute which will appear on your my ebay summary page. The seller will have 3 days to reply by sending a return shipping label or issuing a refund.  If they do not respond within 3 days, on day 4 you can ask ebay to step in, and they will start a refund and take the funds from the seller.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@himynameisrichard wrote:

Of course the person that scammed me listed the item with, "Returns Not Accepted" (which makes sense because he sent me a broken item and clearly has done this before),  o I tried to return it (which he/she  denied) and now the option is, "See Return Details" (he has denied my attempts to return it) and when I select it, it says, "The return is closed".  The seller hasn't returned a single message following the **bleep** one he sent me saying that it worked fine when he sent it.  I have looked and looked online trying to find a way to file a claim with Ebay to no avail.

As a side note, this is the first of two scams I've been suckered into in the last bit.  Coincidently enough, The first one was on Facebook Marketplace.

Thanks!

Richard

If you started a return and the seller was able to deny the return, sounds like you selected the wrong reason for the return.

If you had filed an Item Not As Described, you would have been covered by the MBG and the seller would not be able to deny the return.

If the return is closed, there's nothing else you can do through Ebay.

If you paid through Pay Pal, open a case with them or contact your payment source.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 9
latest reply